Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

traction bars

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mike.S, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Mike.S

Mike.S Registered Member

I need some addvice, I have a 84 GMC 1/2ton,swb. and just dropped in a 462ci. Lots of torque and horse's, The factor 10bolts with 2.73 gears are being replaced with a D44 and 14b FF combo with 4.10 gears. It will still have original springs so I wonder if I will need to be concerned about axle wrap ? If so, I'de like to see some pics on custom traction bars, or some info on the best way to build some. I do work in a fab shop so the door is open, I just need to walk threw. Thanks for any help,

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I dont think too many people on this board run Trac bars. They Just tend to get in the way, screw up the flex and get hung up on rocks when off roading.I know if I had them on my truck they would be bent to crap in no time. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    But for a street machine they would work good.
    Heres a link to Rancho's Trac bars. I see lots of Street Machines and Trailer Queens running them. maby you could copy those. Rancho Trac Bars

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I think these are one of the best ideas Iv seen.The shackle in the front allows front to rear movement of the axle and the Jonny Joint at the front lets it twist.I dont have grande HP but I do have super soft springs and my rig is fairly light in back.Im gonna copy this design when I build mine /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

[​IMG]

4. Mike.S

Mike.S Registered Member

There we go, I can do that. I don't think I could go with the yellow but I like the design, Thanks. Any more pics are welcome. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif