Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

traction lift???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Black89k5, Mar 12, 2000.

1. Black89k5

Black89k5 Registered Member

I was talking to a buddy about lifting my 89 Blazer to 6" right now its 4 inch suspension lift. I told him i didnt want to put a body lift on. He suggested a "traction lift". I'd like to know what this is and who makes it and where i could contact someone about it. If u could help it would be great.

2. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

I bought 49 Fourwheeler mags from ebay and they are from late 80's to early 90's. Almost all the feature rigs in there use a traction lift. From the pictures it looks like a big rectangluar tubing that goes inbetween the leaf spring and the axle. It looks like lift blocks only the bar extends back to it acts like a traction bar to prevent axle wrap. I think I might put one on my truck to prevent axle wrap with my new motor. (I want roasted tires not wheel hop) If anyone has one please let me know where you got it and how much it was and if you are happy with it. I was told once that they are a poorman's lift. Hey I am poor so it looks right up my alley!!

Zack Carlson

No I am still not done with my frame up resto!! Soon i swear!

3. What do you guys want a four wheel drive or a top fuel dragster?

<font color=red>BigBurb<font color=red>[​IMG][​IMG]

4. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Last time I tried to smoke my tires the mud put 'em out, Agreed BB fine line between enough power and too much!!..WK

5. Good one WK, that can be your one-liner !!

<font color=red>
    Last time I tried to smoke my tires the mud put 'em out!

<font color=red>BigBurb<font color=red>[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

7. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

The problem with a traction lift is that it severely limits suspension travel and just gets in the way on the trail.

8. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

Hey dave that's why I specified that my mags were from the 80's. Hey you can never have too much power. Unless you are a commie. I love roasting tires. I guess I will learn when I start replacing $700 sets of tires. Oh well that'll be the day..

Zack Carlson

No I am still not done with my frame up resto!! Soon i swear!