Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Traction Lifts for the front end

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5blazerus, Mar 14, 2002.

1. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

Who makes traction lifts. And is there any safety factors on using them.
    Colin

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Might want to call 4WPW or someone over in Bend that runs a 4X shop.............isn't there one on 97 called 'Bend Off Road'? Anyway, I can't remember the name of who used to make them, but haven't seen them in a few years advertised so not sure if they are still available.

Don't think there is any safety issue with them, but then I don't know how they mated to the spring pack, or if they were just a block style.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I think Trailmaster still makes them for SOME trucks. I don't think they ever made them for the front (even though i've seen them there on a few trucks) Mostly mud trucks.

4. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

IT used to be bend Off road now it is truck toys and everyone stays away from them because they are knuckle heads and way over priced. There is a daves off-road but all he dose is custome stuff now and is hard to buy stuff from because all he wants to sell you is custome stuff.
    colin

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, Trail Master was the one who made those lifts. I doubt they make them anymore. If there is a website to view Trail Master, then check it out. I used to get their catalogs every year but finally gave up on that in the early to mid 90's. They had the traction lifts in the early 90's that I know and remember of.

6. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

somebody tell what a traction lift is

7. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I would recommend NOT using a traction lift on the front axle. This is to close to being a lift block. Try ORD's zero rate add a leaf instead if you reall need the height. Buy some taller springs. I traction lift is a block of metal inserted between the axle and spring. It is longer than a lift block and pokes out toward the spring hanger. It is attached to the spring at that point (10" or so from axle) via a spring clamp. They limit wheel travel a lot. You could make one out of 2x2 5/16 wall square tubing.