Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

traction lifts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by robdrose, Mar 17, 2003.

1. robdrose

robdrose Newbie

who make traction lift and where can i get one. i see them once in a while but have no idea who makes them.

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I run them on mine but I fabbed them myself. Noone makes them anymore as far as I know. I have considered making up a batch to sell cuz I have had some questions and people wanting some since I did mine. IF I do get into it itll be next yr some time. I wanna put some serious beating to them to see what happens. Ive give them hell so far but I need to see long term before I would ever consider selling them.

A bit of advice tho if you decide to fab them up, BOLT THEM TO THE PACK. Do not just stick them in there. Thats the way the old ones you could buy were. That may be what lead to their demise.

I have no pics of them when I was making them but I do have pics of them on the Blazer if you want to take a look. Pics are in the link in my sig. Look in the PI under RE-construction album.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ok what are these things? I was under the impression traction lifts was just another name for dropped spring hangers. Nevermind I see what it is now. So you like put a bolt through those ears you have so when the spring tries to wrap it can't right?