Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tractor heims?

Discussion in 'Center Of Gravity' started by sled_dog, Jan 6, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My dad and I went to tractor supply looking for some stuff tonight and he started getting on the idea of using those tractor heims for my 4 link heims. 1 link is like $32 bucks so I could get heims for about half the cost but I really don't know if they would be strong enough for me. Anyone have thoughts?

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I've looked at those also. You should be able to get some specifics from the supplier like what they are made from and load ratings I'd think.

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Plenty of people use them in 4 links. They're cheaper than QA1's or Aroura's, but they are weaker and wear out faster. Not to say they can't work and couldn't be used, you will just replace them more often.

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Also tractors are not designed with the amount of movement a 4 link is. There may be a binding issue unlike the QA1's

5. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

They work, theyre really noisy, and wear out really quick. Plan on replacing them annually on a suspension setup.