Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TRADE 42x15x16.5 TSL's For 44x19.5x16.5" Boggers....will I regret it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dhdescender, Mar 1, 2004.

1. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    TRADE 42x15x16.5 TSL\'s For 44x19.5x16.5\" Boggers....will I regret it?

I currently have 5 42x15x16.5" TSL's mounted on Hummer Rims, Never been used yet

An offer has been presented to be to get 4 44x19.5x16.5 as a trade. I do have to provide some extra parts, but for the sake of this post lets assume thats pretty negligable.

Essentially I'd get a set of tires that retail for more, offer 1" more ground clearance, but I wouldn't have a spare. I'm sure I could find a 40" Hawg or somthing in the future. That and they'll swap right onto my hummer rims!

I've heard alot of people say Boggers arn't good for a damn thing other than mud and looking really badass. There is a bit of mud here, but I pride myself in having a vehicle that can run anything that it fits into, not just the bogs. There isnt rocks like moab here, but when you find them, they're usually wet.

I could put a couple perpendicular grooves in the boggers to try to stop the sideways "slide" which seems to be everyones biggest complaint.

It's hard to not jump on the offer, its about $500 (cdn $$) more tire for essentially nothing. I just don't want to hate the tires after all the work of mounting them and $2400 I paid!!

Guide me o' wise ones! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Re: TRADE 42x15x16.5 TSL\'s For 44x19.5x16.5\" Boggers....will I regret it?

damn man thats a tough one.... I belive i read on pirate somone said That they never really had a problem with the lack of lateral traction that everyone moans about because of the Horses he was puttin out (maybe it was whiteknight cant remember) Anyway i love my boggers on the rear If they made 42 inch boggers id get em... Otherwise when i decide to step up in size im gonna have to 44"s,

Im gonna vote......... Yes trade him... look around for a Old 42" swamp for a spare, shouldnt be too hard to find.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I personally prefer the TSLs but I wouldn't mind having a set of boggers for the rear of mine on those muddy days. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

All around use stay with TSL's. I ran 40" swamps on the front and 40" boggers on the back for a while. Great in mud but really a pain in rutted trails. Not to mention becoming a real bear to turn on pavement with the welded rear and having twice the tire in the rear as the front. Boggers also dont work the greatest in reverse either. Just my $.02

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

boggers must be good for something... seems like every TTC winner has them.

I personally wouldnt run 44 boggers on a D60, but thats just me. My D60 is 35 spline throughout, but short of the 40-spline upgrade, I dont think I'll run tires bigger/heavier than 42s. 39.5s are already enuff of a handfull to swap anyway. lol!

j

6. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

OT a bit... I just got back from Qualicum Beach yesterday, stayed there while going to the BC Winter games. Was thinking while I was there what kind of wheeling there is around there, lots of mountains n stuff. Nice area BTW, just thought I'd ramble about it since I saw you are from Qualicum Beach, BC /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif