Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trade it for another or keep her?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 8BaLL, Dec 22, 2002.

1. 8BaLL

8BaLL Registered Member

Right now I have a 1985 K5 blazer. My only concern with it is that it only has a 305 in it. I am tossing around the idea of lifting her and putting some monster mud tires on her for a good mudder. Would I be better off trading her for a blazer with a 350 in it or will the 305 give me enough power?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Dreams of a 383-HT crate motor ???? http://www.sdpc2000.com/cart.asp?action=prod_detail&catid=120&pid=465
    I like to hit the back wood trails that don't see much use. So The mods I'd recomened would be: 3/4 Ton axles (cheaper then 1 Ton, but 1 Ton is better) and either a 4" or 6" suspension lift, and 33" to 36" tires. Now I don't know how you feel about trimming fenders, so I'll leave that one alone. That'll get ya out in the woods.

3. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

If you cant swap it yourself I'd say try to trade for a 350. It's most definitely a more desireable engine.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Engine swaps are easy. The tough part is finding a truck with a decent body...I'd say if the rest of the truck is solid you'd be better off swapping in a more powerful small block.

Rene

5. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

we are becoming a bunch of drones /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

z3pr is slowing brainwashing us all /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I like to hit the back wood trails that don't see much use. So The mods I'd recomened would be: 3/4 Ton axles (cheaper then 1 Ton, but 1 Ton is better) and either a 4" or 6" suspension lift, and 33" to 36" tires. Now I don't know how you feel about trimming fenders, so I'll leave that one alone. That'll get ya out in the woods.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly, to the knutt.....what I was going to say....Thankyou Bubba for picking up my slack and catching it early.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status