Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trade my Goodwrench medduty 350 for a 1990 k1500 350

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by juanblzer, Apr 21, 2003.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I have a goodwrench 350 bought about 2yrs ago...that runs strong and is carbed. I was thinking about trading it for a 350 out of a 90'k1500.
    Would my 85' 700r4 bolt up. I am interested in this swap so I can get a complete tbi setup (i'd be getting the whole truck). I believe it has a t400 that is crapped out. Also could I use its current t-case behind my tranny? I know that's a lot of questions to ask but I thought I'd give it a shot. Thanks for all answers
    juan /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

The trans will bolt up, the engines are pretty much the same. If that is a TH400 in the donor, it's case will not bolt up to your 700...

3. BadDog

BTW, that is not likely a TH400 in a 1500, it would have to be swapped if it is.

4. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

russ,
    do you think its a good trade?

5. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

yeah, I was thinking it wasn't a t-400 but the guy said it had a certain number of bolts on the pan and that it was different than a 700s number or some crap. He's probably wrong. I don't think it was swapped it's the original tranny whatever it is.

6. BadDog

I can't really say if it's a good deal or not. It *could be*, but that depends on many things. I think a swap like your talking about could be a very good thing, that's what I did (except from a desel) but you need to make sure everything is in good shape. You should be able to take the complete wiring harness (engine and under dash) from the donor and have TBI EFI hooked up easily... As for swapping out the other stuff, again, too many unknowns to say... If you want to call and talk about details, feel free. Good luck.