Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trade Paul for Tim!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BlueBlazer, Feb 20, 2005.

1. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I will personally pay 125 bucks to cover Tim's vendor and membership fee if he leaves and Paul stays. This is BS. 99% of any problems Paul has been involved in is Tim related. No Tim, no problems with Paul. No Paul, more problems with Tim IMO.

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I haven't been here long but I know Canmore is a great guy and this place would be far worse off without him around. Obviously something bad is going on behind the scenes.

I hope you aren't planning on going anywhere Paul.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  3. BlueBlazer

See other post in the lounge, it appears he is leaving. I have never hated Tim any more than I do now.

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I say Canmore STAYS:)

5. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

So if all it takes is for a few people to complain about a member to get him booted, then why don't we all complain about Tim? I think a couple hundred PM's should get the job done.

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Before you blow this all out of proportion, I did not ask anyone to leave, but as the guy who runs this operation I feel I need to "and will" start cracking down on the rules of personal attacks, and I don't care if they are members or Moderators or fueds or what or who started them. If you ask me there are lots of members here that I "should" get rid of, and most likely will in time. I feel that most of the Members have been great but over the last year or so people are pushing it with me and the site as a whole which is mostly my fault as I haven't had the time to enforse the rules as I should. I am really tired of insults and complaints and the wars that go on here lately so lets clean it up so we can all have a great place to visit.

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

If it's true then it's absolutely the wrong decision. Probably a good idea to wait to hear from Steve. However in the meantime those of you who support Canmore should speak up RIGHT NOW and let everyone know how you feel.

If he did offend someone that badly the most he should receive is a warning, not a termination. Canmore is a very important part of CK5. You may as well hack out your own heart as ask him to leave.

8. BlueBlazer

Even though I may be one of those people on your list (and I really hope I am not), I totally agree with you, thus I have tried to provide a solution that I am more than willing to back up.

9. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I can see and to a point agree with you your decision to revoke his mod status. Like you said, you gotta police the ranks. Thats your job. I'm glad that you do it. But for a well respected memeber of this site to feel it was nessecary to pop smoke and leave, becasue of a member that NO ONE respects is totally rediculous. No is thinking that you asked Paul to leave. We all know it was his decision to leave, and your decision to revoke mod status. We all know why he left...thats whats got us all pissy.

10. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

:rotfl:

I think you need to start a poll. :blush: :rotfl:
    I've got $5 on it. :rotfl:

11. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I did not revoke Pauls Mod status, I basicly asked if he wanted to continue, if you want paul to stay then you all need to send him a PM letting him know that because that is his decission (sp?).
    There are a lot of days that I wonder why I even keep CK5 around, you would not believe the hate mail that I get, spend weeks on new software only to hear how bad it sucks etc.. My point being that we "ALL" need to stop the personal attacks, I don't care if you are a Member, Vendor or Moderator or whoever!

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Heavy hangs the crown Steve, heavy hangs the crown

13. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very well said. ck5 is where i spend 90% of my online time at. for the most part this place dose run very smooth but there are a few who do like to push the issue:mad: as for all the hate mail all i can say is people fear change and will always fight it:rolleyes:

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

that sucks people need to lighten up really

every one i mean everlone step back and take a reality check. right or worng, make sure your not a dick to thoughs that only try to make this sitre better

15. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I would gladly chip in for that. I totally agree that Tim is the center of all of this.

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Paul needs to stay.

17. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

paul needs to stay

18. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Of course I think Paul should stay but for that matter, I don't think ANYONE should go. I'm not taking sides, I just think we should all get along good or bad.

Just tone it down and if you want to bitch at someone you can bitch at me, I can take it. No trades, we all stay and just get along. Dam, no wonder some of the original guys have left, sometime I think this place is turning into "Days of or Lives" or something. :(
    Now let's go wheelin and have some fun! :grin:

19. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

On a related note: I got a new CB two weeks ago. First one since the '70's. It is amazing, some of the people on there just taunt and try to pi$$ others off. It is absolutely unbelievable at times. Fortunately CK-5 has Moderators and an Administrator who can control/limit this sort of "meanness". Haven't been here long enough to have any comment on "Tim". Only have good things to say about "Paul". Just yesterday I PM'd him to ask a technical CK-5 related question and he came back with a good answer that helped me out. I'm sure he didn't have anything else in the world to do but answer me. So my $.02 is; chill Paul, you are needed here and an asset to the club.:grin:

20. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Wow, I guess I missed the fireworks. I certainly hope Paul will step back, take a deep breath and rethink things before he decideds to leave.

FWIW, IMHO I don't think anyone needs to leave yet. I think once Steve begins the crackdown the repeat offenders will get the message and either straighten up or move on. It's just like school, students act differently for different teachers. Bring down the hammer more and people will behave better and stop pushing the limits.

Paul needs to stay. Period. I'll be sending him a PM in a moment to encourage him to stay.