Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trade the harley for a 78 jimmy?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kumma, Oct 30, 2004.

1. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

I had an interesting offer to trade a clean 78 jimmy for my 03 harley sportster. figure the bike is worth $7000. any opinions on this trade. does this truck sound like its worth 7 grand.

the jimmy has had a ton of oem gm replacement parts on it. doors quarters rear floor all the lights and wiring. new white paint. frame was blasted as well as everything underneath. 350 aluminum edelbrock heads thorley chrome headers, powermaster starter etc... 350 tranny 205 tc. stock axles in 3.08 6 in tuff country spring lift. new bfg at 32's with ralleys. interior isnt installed but its complete runs pretty strong.

I already have a 87 jimmy mild lift its a typical midwest truck solid with rust in areas great off road and hunting truck. should i get another jimmy?

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

sounds like a really nice jimmy, but man $7G is a lot. for me to pay that much it would have to be a jimmy i couldn't live w/out, & it would have to be PERFECT /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. everything would have to be put together too, & look like it just rooled off the showroom floor.

it is your $ though

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

for that much some one-ton running gear should be living under it as well. If you watch the for sale ads here, there are some really built up trucks that people have a hard time selling for $4000-5000.

Also keep in mind is it worth $7k to you? I would look at the fact that you can get a mid to late 70's era Blazer in stock condition needing some work for $500-1000 if you look around. So is this one worth the extra money? Thats your call.

4. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would look at the fact that you can get a mid to late 70's era Blazer in stock condition needing some work for $500-1000 if you look around.

[/ QUOTE ]

wish i was where you are, $500 blazzers around here are nothing but rust heaps and dont run. the rust belt sucks. this blazer couldnt be duplicated for $7000, looks like the problem is people willing to spend that kind of money are few and far between. i would do the trade in a heartbeat but i really need a daily driver.

just trying to get a feel for what others would pay for this, i figured its a hard sell for a 25 year old 4x4 over 5 grand.