Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Traded '77 for '85, now reverse the trade?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, May 7, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Traded \'77 for \'85, now reverse the trade?

OK, I asked here before if trading a '77 Crew Cab for an '85 regular cab truck was worth it. I went ahead and did the trade, but now, due to $$ circumstances, my friend needs to let the bank repo his truck(the '85).

So, I can either give him back the '85 3/4 ton 4x4, and get the '77 3/4 ton 4x4 Crew Cab again, or keep the '85 and let his bank repo the Crew Cab.

What should I be able to sell the '85 3/4 ton 4x4 for? It has a 4" Suspension lift, 3" body lift, Alum. Directionals with 35"s, hitch, straight and clean body, bedliner and bed rail caps. It just needs a motor.

If I were to get back the '77 3/4 ton 4x4 Crew Cab, what would be the market value for it? It has a 350 with an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, brand new TH400 tranny, 203 T-case, chrome wheels and 33"s, some minor rust. Its driving now, but whether I get it back and sell it or let him have it reposessed, we need to swap out axles.

Which truck is worth more (after I have done the necessary repairs to each)?

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Re: Traded \'77 for \'85, now reverse the trade?

what gears are in the axles of the crew cab? you could part it out and make some good money i bet, but JMO

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Well, I already kept the Dana 60 out of it and put a Dana 44 front back under it. I also pulled the 454 out of it, so all we have to do is switch the rear end to match gear ratios with the front now. I'd hate to part it out now sfter we just put it mostly back together and it's running/driving. Since I kept the 2 most valuable items off it, It's probably worth more as a whole truck now than as parts.

Would the Crew Cab be worth $3500 to the right person? or is that asking too much? I figure I could probably get that for the '85.

4. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Switch the crew cabs good motor parts with the bad ones out of the '85. Or just switch both motors out of the pick ups all together. Just going on what you have supplied us with here I would do the parts switching off the motors and keep the '85. Just my opinion!