Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

traded my 79 K-10 for an 84 Z28 today

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Oct 5, 2002.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Mar 5, 2001
    rand and drove but body and frame(holes ate through) and brakes all around were scrap and no one wanted anything off the truck and a kid had an '84 Z28 that he didnt want and he wanted the truck so i traded him.
    I'll look for a better shape truck at later point in time I guess....

i need to quit buying junkers that arent even safe to drive on road or even off road literally... too bad thats all thats left anymore unless youre insanely rich.,..

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

Apr 7, 2002
    haha i hear ya! i have to replace my rear floor and tailpan...som new mounts to replace the ones for the rear floor..and fix the front of my floor to...one new fender weel on the left side..and thats just to get it on the road! ...thats not including all the stuff i wanna do to it..like fix the rest of the body..paint it, new shocks, tires/wheels lift..and so on and so on...lol
  3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Jun 9, 2002
    You dont have to be rich to buy my 1979 K10 /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    $3500 for a rust free truck from Oregon.
    I am the second owner and bought the truck at 80,000 original miles. Now has 108,000.

new 31 x 10.5 x15 all terain tires and chrome rims
    new dual exhaust
    350 4 bolt main, 4 bbl rochester with new ignition system (new not rebuilt distributor, cap, rotor, platnium plugs...)
    SM465 4 spd, NP205 T-case
    10 bolt front, 12 bolt rear w/3.73's (temporarily 3.40 in rear until this weekend when I pickup another 12 bolt)
    I have also installed a factory Tach.
    This is the original paint with the front passenger fender having the only big dent. I replaced the tailgate since it was dented.

I need to sell this one to work on my projects and I can afford to drive this truck 200 miles per day at 14-15 mpg ($24-26/day).