Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trader question about FURD F150

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by CaveBlazin, Jun 25, 2003.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ok I need a daily driver and my budget is around 5k Ive found a F150XLT extended cab. It has dual gas tanks with a 5.0 liter V8 the interior/exterior is WONDERFUL has new exhaust and only 119k miles. Its a 1993 and they want 4800 for it. What do I need to look for in these vehicles Thanks all

2. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I've seen a lot of ticking 302's, and for some years the Ford small blocks were prone to cracking exhaust manifolds.
    If it's a 5spd, the trannies were made by Mazda...and do not have a good reputation. Mine made noise, one I drove lost the 3rd gear synchros, and I know of another that self-destructed. And that's all I got to say 'bout that
    I admit I do sometimes miss my 91 (XLT Lariat /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) but I did sell it because it pissed me off /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Good luck with the purchase. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Oh yeah; check the oil pan. A shop said they had never seen one so rotted before. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

$4800.00 that seems high

i sold my 94 4x2 with 102000 miles the only problem with it ever was the that switch and sp pump it was a good truck

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i sold a 91 a while back, no 5.0 trucks with 5 spds i think, so if its an AOD, just make sure it shifts good and o/d works, also check for ticking, smoking, and oil usage...4800 is an awful lot... i think you could take it away for 3200 or so

5. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    no 5.0 trucks with 5 spds i think

[/ QUOTE ]
    There were plenty. I had one. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

6. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wow just went yesterday and these people are sure stupid. They wont come off the price and you cant tell it needs new seals cause she smokes like a crack whore on broadway. I passed on that quick guess the chevy god was looking out for me and I know what I need to look for now. Thanks anyways yall...