Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tragic night at my dept...Officer Killed....UPDATE 12/02

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeremy_C, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Saturday nite, our two narcotics officers were checking a residence where a suspected meth lab was at. Officer Carson and Officer Yancey were in the residence speaking with two individuals in the residence. While in the trailer, a gun barrel appeared from a back bedroom door and shot officer yancey killing him.

His partner Officer Carson started yelling for back up, saying we had a officer down.

Myself and the deputy who was working with me at the time, were the first car on scene. When we got there, officer carson was outside the residence, and it was unclear if the shooter was inside or was in the woods. Officer yancey was still inside shot.

Me and Marty cleared the residence, and started CPR on officer yancey, but it had no result. He was pronounce dead at the hospital.

Right now we have all suspects in custody and are still investigating. Officer carson, his partner for 2 years is taking it quite hard, understandably. The whole dept is.

Only Officers truly know the feeling you get when you hear "officer down" even hearing a fellow officer on the radio with a tone of voice that you know that something is wrong is an awfull feeling.

Officer yancey was one if not the best officers we have in our dept. We are a small dept, 30-35 officers and are like a family. Officer yancey will be missed for a long long time, and will never be replaced. Please keep his wife Lori, and thier 3 small boys in your thoughts and prayers. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

For actual news links go to
    www.wbir.com
    www.wate.com
    www.volunteernews.com

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Re: Tragic night at my dept...Officer Killed....

i dont know why, but this kinda hit me hard.... i'm sorry that things like that have to happen. Being a law enforcement official is a very respectable position to be in. I appreciate and honor every one of you. Sorry about the loss of your friends life. I'll keep him in my prayers.
    Branndon

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Sorry /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Our prayers are with you

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if i had my way the guy who did it would not go to jail.
    but i would have a nice thing to drag behind my sonoma.

i wish it didnt have to happen that way. i wish his family and your department well.
    Grant

6. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

grant your starting to sound like your froim Texas /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Sorry about the your loss. His family will be in my prayers.

Nick

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My condolences... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Rene

8. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i hate to hear this sort of thing. i dont get why someone would do that do someone else.
    You, the other officers and his familly will be in my prayers /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Let me know if they set up a fund for the family. I would be willing to contribute. Lost some friends on duty myself.

11. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifsorry, our prayers are with you and your dept. be safe /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

My prayers go out to you and officer Yancy's family. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

My father is a retired police officer, as I was growing up I always worried about him getting hurt or worse. Fortunately for him and my family he retired after a long and healthy career and his only worry now is his golf score.

Most people take for granted the fact that you guys are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice every day. I THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO. Take strength from knowing that even in the worst times you do what you do for the greater good and you do make a difference.

God bless. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thats just awfull /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

The news is now reporting, The bullet found in Officer yancey was not from the owner of the residence. But from his Partner, Agent Carson's weapon. I cant confirm this, And I wont confirm this or deny this, untill after the press release wensday. Understandably Deputy Carson isn't handling this well at all. Me and most of his close friends from the dept, spent most of the day trying to confort him.

There Is a fund that is setup for John Johns Wife...if any one would like to contribute here is the mailing address for the scott county jail.

Scott County Sheriff's Department
    Courthouse Square
    Huntsville, TN 37756
    *Attn*- Car 10 Fund

Phone: (423) 663-2245 or (423) 663-2246

Thanks for your kind words and support during this terrible time, this is what makes this such a great place.

15. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

16. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This tragedy just got worse by a factor of 100..... Prayers go out to all that need them from me.

17. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

That's a horrible thing to have happen. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I hope the person that did it gets to take the express lane to the chair. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif