Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tragic story, friend was killed yesterday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Janitorjim8, May 30, 2006.

1. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

My friend Ryan was killed in a car crash with his brother yesterday.. the story here tells it all http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/crash30.html
    The only thing they got wrong was that he did not graduate, he was going to be seniors. This is all too weird, we were not best friends, but I have been in that car several times, it was very fast. We would often chat about cars and trucks and such and this has hit home way to hard.
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/crash30.html

2. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

thats pretty sad but he did put himself in danger. still hard to lose someone close to you. In the past two years one of my high school friends was killed in a wreck, one of my dad's friends that I have known for 10 years was killed in a wreck, and two of my friends that I met a college were killed in a wreck. My dad's friend was the only one that I was really close to but they were all hard.

3. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

:eek1:
    sad to hear.

people wonder why i drive like a grandpa...not because my truck is slow but because of things like this. just imagine how much worse it would have been if he killed that family in that honda.

4. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I get the same thing all the time. Sure, I'll squack the tires for you in a parking lot, or accelerate hard off a red light, but I never speed, and definitely don't get myself into situations where myself, or someone else might get killed...

I had one close call shortly after getting my license, and never again do I want to feel the way I did afterwards.

5. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

sorry to here about your friend man. stay strong, life goes on.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

driving is the most dangerous thing a normal american will ever do. We lose as many people in 1 month on the highways than we do in 2 years in Iraq... and yet for some strange reason people just keep on driving the same unsafe way. sigh.

j

7. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I really hate to hear about these young kid's getting killed in car wrecks . I think of the parents who have raised them and all the dreams they have had for them . Now they are gone . Parents should never have to bury their children . I have 6 buddies that are taking dirt naps because of doing stupid $h!t on their sportbikes . Going way to fast , racing on the street . We just had some kids die in a street racing accident in our area . Slow the fk down and take it to the race track :mad: . The deputies in our area don't play with the street racers . They tow your rig and burry you in tickets and yank your license :bow: . Summers here and there will be more death's. You can count on it :( .

8. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

If I was the dad in the other car the kid hit, if the kid didn't die, I probably would have killed him myself.

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You roll the dice you take the chance. The real pain for the family is yet to come - unless your friend was emancipated, in most states the parents are financially responsible. Because he was violating the law at the time of the accident, his insurance company will not pay. Bring on the lawyers........