Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trail Damage - Fulton, MO *PICS*

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Sep 16, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I can't believe how easy this thing POPPED with the 42s... like it was a pencil! Dangit...

[​IMG]

Looks like I need a good solution for 35 spline axles! Where is the best place to go for u-joints and stub shafts? I think I will just reuse my inners... 4340 would be nice too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks all!

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

ring ring hello can i order some 35 spline stubs /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Holy [darn], maybe I need to upgrade mine before I even take it out.

You did that with a 350? What gear were you in, what was the tranny in?

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

The Spicers are apparantly on national backorder right now. Rockstomper has the Superior alloy ones for $120 each, you might be able to find a better price though.

5. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

There has been a guy on ebay selling the 4340 35 spline shafts for 179.00 a pair. I think he has a couple on there now.

6. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Now THATS a friggin STEAL.

-Dan

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Drivetrain Direct..
    Except when they say it'll be shipped out today and you'll see the 35 spline stubs at the end of this week... That really means you'll see it in about a month. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    And that 35 spline kit $349 "delivered" price for CK5 members... well they'll get ya for shipping too. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Dan, Check out Complete Offroad on Ebay. I think his user name is broncomike1. He is in the Chicago area. Might be able to get them quick. Has them for Ford and GM applications. Here is a set.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Aren't the hubs another $150? Wow, maybe I should leave my 1/2 ton stuff in. $170 for stubs, $50 for u joint, and $150 for lockouts or $20 for a u joint for stock stuff...hmm....

Screw it I'm still puttin my '60 in. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Dan, the pictures of your carnage arent working.

11. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Aren't the hubs another $150? Wow, maybe I should leave my 1/2 ton stuff in. $170 for stubs, $50 for u joint, and $150 for lockouts or $20 for a u joint for stock stuff...hmm....

Screw it I'm still puttin my '60 in. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing you're sticking to the D60, because Stock stuff wouldnt even get a fullsize to this point on the trail unless you drove it backward!

12. Mudzer

[ QUOTE ]
    Holy [darn], maybe I need to upgrade mine before I even take it out.

You did that with a 350? What gear were you in, what was the tranny in?

[/ QUOTE ]

When crawlin' the Cubic Inch size of the motor means nothing. Any stock V8 would break Dana 60 shafts in the same situation - here's the skibby from the sideline...

Dan was driving through the boulder field like it was a mall parking lot. He made it to this point - prolly in granny low (SM465) and Low on the NP205. His Ferty Two's were 'a climbin', then the right front hit a short rock face and all that momemtium snapped the shaft off when the 42" Swamper ceased to move. At that point, he was 3 wheelin! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As always, Dan redeem's himself with the name "Throttle". /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Dan was driving through the boulder field like it was a mall parking lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I don't know man, i've wheeled some pretty hard mall parking lots before... Barely made it through without help. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

he was doing pretty well for himself...made it look easier than pretty much anyone to that point. But I think the name throttle may have switched hands with Shaggs stunt on the Drive. That was wild. That was like the kid in Arkansas, except Shaggy had a well built rig! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Mudzer

[ QUOTE ]
    he was doing pretty well for himself...made it look easier than pretty much anyone to that point

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because we all moved the rocks around and paved the way for him! Baaaa haahahahahaaahwaaaa... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Good thing you're sticking to the D60, because Stock stuff wouldnt even get a fullsize to this point on the trail unless you drove it backward!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem ... some of us managed to make it to the bottom of the sunday drive on our toothpick axles. Of course there is no way anyone will get me to go up it on my D44.

17. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That was like the kid in Arkansas, except Shaggy had a well built rig!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Bryan.
    We had a blast, didn't we?

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    When crawlin' the Cubic Inch size of the motor means nothing. Any stock V8 would break Dana 60 shafts in the same situation - here's the skibby from the sideline...

Dan was driving through the boulder field like it was a mall parking lot. He made it to this point - prolly in granny low (SM465) and Low on the NP205. His Ferty Two's were 'a climbin', then the right front hit a short rock face and all that momemtium snapped the shaft off when the 42" Swamper ceased to move. At that point, he was 3 wheelin!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can picture it all in my head and it makes perfect sense. Damn you guys are rough on parts. It's cool though, hopefully one day I can give that a try.