Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trail in IL

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dheavychevy38, Sep 28, 2003.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

have any of you il ever checked out a place called seavy pits in sugar grove i walked it yesterday it seemed pretty cool lot of hill climbs

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My ex girlfriend lived in Sugar Grove but I never did any wheelin' there.

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yes, i've been out there several times. PM me next time you're going out and I'll go out with you. I live in Batavia, about 10 miles east of there. Where are you located?

Bryan
    bdunn@pirate4x4.com

4. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

if no one minds me riding along with em' i'de like to go and get some good video footage...ryan

5. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Aren't you in Mass.? I've been out to this place too... not only do they have kewl hill climbs... it holds a couple VERY tight trails as well! Just ask Laketex... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Dan

6. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

is it legal to go there? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

7. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    have any of you il ever checked out a place called seavy pits in sugar grove i walked it yesterday it seemed pretty cool lot of hill climbs

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to most nooks and crannys in IL and I didn't know there was any public wheeling there. We used to go on private land where the owners didn't mind, but usually it was somebody we knew who owned the land.

It's been about 5 years since I lived there though. Is this somewhere that's open to the public, or do you have to know the right person?

Some really gooey stuff down in the bottoms near the Illinois and Missippi Rivers... almost completely lost a K5 in the Illinois River once. Got it out of the river bank just before a big rain storm. Another 3 or 4 hours and it would have been on its way to Louisiana.

But now I'm babbling...

Paul

8. FatBoyBlazer

im here for school, living in Lombard..I've found nothing to do out here....if i had my truck with me atleast i could work on it

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm wondering if it's legal too. If so, maybe the K10 will have to visit that hole.

As to some gooey stuff near the Illinois river, tell me about it!! Been there, done that, and LOVE IT!

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

It's private land on the back side of a rock quarry. Not big enough for a full on trail run, but a good local place to test upgrades and play a little. The owners don't seem to mind people wheeling out there, but they also don't want people asking if it's ok from what I understand. Insurance liabilities are just too high. It's a wheel at your own risk sort of place, yet I've talked to people that were wheeling out there 20 years ago, so it's been open a while. I'll continue to go now and then, but if no-trespassing signs or fences go up, I will respect the owners wishes for his property. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Bryan

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

You can come help me work on mine! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

FYI:

They are attempting to open a park in Marseilles, IL. They are having a time with the citizens with "noise pollution" and the such. Support them and you will have a nice park to ride in!!

13. KRAZIE87K5

[ QUOTE ]
    It's private land on the back side of a rock quarry. Not big enough for a full on trail run, but a good local place to test upgrades and play a little. The owners don't seem to mind people wheeling out there, but they also don't want people asking if it's ok from what I understand. Insurance liabilities are just too high. It's a wheel at your own risk sort of place, yet I've talked to people that were wheeling out there 20 years ago, so it's been open a while. I'll continue to go now and then, but if no-trespassing signs or fences go up, I will respect the owners wishes for his property. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Bryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reply inspires me Bryan! Way to be so honorable and patriotic all at the same time! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    FYI:

They are attempting to open a park in Marseilles, IL. They are having a time with the citizens with "noise pollution" and the such. Support them and you will have a nice park to ride in!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom lives north of Marseilles. A few friends of mine, including the owner of the green K5 went to the town meeting. I had to work. We all think it's gonna probably pass.

The only thing that really pisses me off is that I heard it's going to be restricted to 110" wheelbase and under. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif My truck is 117".

Either way if you guys are serious about four wheeling and my knee situation keeps me from going to Iraq, I can invite you all out to my spot which is on the south side of the Illinois river. Just don't roll your rigs over on the hill where I did this last weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

15. FatBoyBlazer

any time..

16. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I figured I'd cross post this over here too...just for you bluebies and what not.

Hey yall,

I'm proposing a Chicago area meet and greet. Since my month of October is pretty damn busy with the Jaycees Haunted House construction, I'm thinking Sunday, Nov. 2nd. We can do this over at my house in Batavia, and watch the Sunday doubleheader. Chili and ribs or brisket. Maybe head over to CV pits to play a little in the trucks...

Any interest in something like this? It amazes me that there are at least 8 ck5 members within a 30 mile radius of me, yet none of yall know each other!

And Brent, this can include Kankakee too!!!

17. KRAZIE87K5

Go check out this link for the real thread on the meet and greet for the Chitown folks!

-Dan

18. FatBoyBlazer

i cant post in that forum(yet) still saving up some money, but I'm definitly in, i don't know any one here(IL)....but i've met a bunch of other ck5er's and they were a great bunch of guys(and gal)(trucknutzdude, angrysnowplow, lead foot, no angel, 77mud buddy, ma87 k5, and fright89...just e-mail me when its gonna be..thanks, ryan.......hb4130@aol.com

19. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was at the last town meeting as well...too bad I didn't have time to search the parking lot for K5s!!!

How are the trails around there? I didn't get a chance to really find out since it was past 11 pm when I got out of there, and I don't think my Buick would hold up very long!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It just depends on the conditions, but some of the trails have been known to be nasty, especially in the winter when we go play there.

The owner of the K5 drives a Cummins Dodge 3/4 ton with mud terrains on it for a DD. That K5 NEVER sees the road as its full hydrualic steering just isn't safe for road use. It works very very good, but he says it's just too touchy for the road.