Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trail leaders needed, sign up now.

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by CK5, Sep 22, 2006.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

OK, we need trail leaders and tail gunners etc. for the trails over BB06, perfer that you be set up for the trail you are going to volunteer for, stock rig on 31's might not be a good idea to lead Coyote trail etc..
    Also, we should have more than one sign up for each trail as the leaders rig on a Sunday trail may be broken by that time so backups are welcome.

Trail List, still need an easy trail for Saturday as well

Friday Oct 6

Event: Trail run
    Location A (moderate): Hell's Revenge

Meeting Place City Market Parking lot @ 8:30 AM, depart 9 AM
    Location B (difficult): Area BFE
    Meeting Place Area BFE parking lot @ 8:30 AM, depart 9 AM​

Saturday October 7
    Location A (moderate): Poison Spider/Golden Spike/Gold Bar Rim

Meeting Place Pullout area on Hwy 191 North, just beyond the Colorado River Bridge @ 8:00 AM, depart 8:30 AM
    Location B (difficult): Pritchett Canyon
    Meeting Place City Market @ 8 AM, depart 8:30 AM ($1.00 fee at the gate to run this trail) ​

Sunday October 8

Location A (Easy): Fins-n-Things
    Meeting Place Pulloff area at the turn to Potato Salad Hill @ 8:30 AM, depart 9 AM
    Location A (moderate): SevenMileRim/WipeOutHill
    Meeting Place Pullout area on Hwy 191 North, just beyond the Colorado River Bridge @ 8:30 AM, depart 9 AM

Meeting Place City Market @ 8:30 AM, depart 9 AM ($1.00 fee at the gate to run this trail)
    Location C (difficult): Coyote Trail
    Meeting Place Meet at area BFE parking lot @ 8:30 AM, depart 9 AM ​

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

YEAH we need an easy trail for saturday, I might be gone on sunday.
    I might try a moderate if you guys think an experienced wheeler driving a stock K5 on 31's could do it, but I think I will take it easy for now.

3. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'll take Friday BFE
    Sunday Coyote.

I have some supersecret plans for Sat. You will be amazed.

4. miniwally

How about I blow off the Sub body and just take the buggy as is with you?

5. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Are you going ledge scouting....:p:

6. miniwally

Yup.

Except this time I am looking for really tall ones that only the most skilled drivers attempt.

I guess that means I won't see you on those. :p:

7. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Cause I will already be on top waiting for you. If you need to hook up your winch to my rear bumper just make sure you don't disturb my lunch or nap! Hopefully you will add a few more gerbils under your valve covers to give you some extra help to keep up with us big boys!

8. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I'm in as usual,

Friday Oct 6

Location A (moderate): Hell's Revenge
    I don't think we really need a leader but I'm up for what ever is needed.

Saturday October 7
    Location A (moderate): Poison Spider/Golden Spike/Gold Bar Rim
    Leader, gunner or explosives expect. Considering it was my idea.
    Late nights don't matter to me.

Same with,
    Sunday October 8
    Although I don't have the experience that others do on this trail, I'd rather be a gunner but I will go with the flow.

If you can break from the pritchett run you should join us on Sat. and bring your buddy. You could show off :D .
    moneypit should come too so we can watch you fight :haha: .
    No matter what, I'm here to help and since this is a much needed vacation, to have fun too.
    PLEASE NOTE, THE ABOVE OFFER REQUIRES A SIGNED RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO ALL THAT JOIN IN AND WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR FIGHTS BETWEEN MINIWALLY AND MONEYPIT CAUSING A DELAY IN GETTING OUT OF THE TRAIL NOR DELAYS FOR THEM SHOWING OFF AND CAUSING A TRAIL EXIT AFTER DARK. THE FOLLOWING TRAILS CAN BE DANGEROUS AND ANYONE THAT JOINS IN, ACCEPTS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE TO THEIR VEHICLE. OUR INTENTION IS FOR FUN SO NO WHINING ALLOWED.

9. FWP

FWP CRS

Sunday- Pritchett

10. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

I think I have the same agenda as Storm Trooper. I could lead/tail gun for the Spike trio on Saturday or Hell's Revenge (if we decide a leader/tail gunner is needed).

Also, why is Hells' Revenge the only planned run on Friday? Tradition?

11. Storm Trooper

I gotta back JMS on this one. If everyone was a vet then behind the rocks would be a good trail and on the same side of town as the park but...
    BTW,
    Are you implying something Micheal? :haha:
    I can't help it if I like to drive like it's a baja course.
    Hells is good if you want to make sure you make it to the "meet & greet" at the park even if someone breaks. There is plenty of stuff to play on and even some tougher stuff if you want it.
    Like Hells Gate -
    http://sports.webshots.com/photo/1034734177030059683gIroYr
    Sorry but I couldn't get in to the gallery :doah:
    anyway, it's all a matter of what you make of it and we WILL have a good time.
    It will also give us time to stop for some finger lick'in good Burger King or ?
    Dam I'm ready to go wheel'in. I don't care where in Moab it is, it will be good.:woot:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  12. 1977k5

I have run Pritchett once when my truck was still on 1/2 tons and 33's with only a locker in the rear :eek1: (with no body damage and only taking a line twice). I have run the Spike trio 4 times maybe and I have run Hell's Revenge more times than I care to count (I have led a ton of different vehicles and like you said that is a good intro trail to Moab).

I'm not completely dissapointed with Hell's Revenge as the Friday trail but I have run it a bunch of times and would be more interested in something else. I would love to run anything in BFE but would feel like my 37's might be the limiting factor. Something along the lines of Behind the Rocks, Moab Rim or Cliffhanger sounds better to me.

I am more than willing to lead for Hell's Revenge and will do so if there is the need.

I do not care much for the sheet metal on my rig and would love to try anything I haven't in Moab :D

13. 1977k5

Also, I haven't run any of the "famous" obstacles on Hell's Revenge. I gave one very light attempt at Dump Bump a while ago but until I swap in 64's and an anti-wrap bar my rear end loves to do the hippity-hop on stuff like that.

14. Storm Trooper

Hey, your one ton, so go for a little hop. See, now you can try some things you wouldn't before.
    Oh and I have ran Hell's more times then I can count too so another trail sounds good but the new guys need a break-in to the Moab seen.
    I can do it again. I guess :doah: . Like I said, we can make it fun.

15. ivie29

ivie29 1/2 ton status

I was planning on doing bfe on friday but have changed my mind.Mostly because my copilot loves hells revenge.

So now it looks like I'll be doing hells on fri,pritchett on sat, and fins on sun.

I am willing to help on any of these trails however I can.

16. 1977k5

Lol, yeah I've been on 1 tons for a couple years now and am not terribly afraid to get on it. The "hop" is there no matter how hard I get on it (1/8 to 1/2 throttle, I haven't really been on it any harder than that in the rocks). I attribute almost all of that to the springs with no anti-wrap bar.

Here is the video (the sound is a little behind for some reason). I probably could have made it if I gave it more momentum, but there was no cage in the truck and I figured if I couldn't crawl up it I would leave it at that.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i2TfF10-GWk

17. Storm Trooper

Cool! I think the 15's (I assume) give you alot of sidewall flex that adds to the bounce and yes, you might have made it with a little more momentum.
    Maybe showing up to try it before you air down would help?
    I know that most of my hop was due to having a big tool box/too much weight in the back. We can both give it a try again on Fri. if your up for it.

18. miniwally

I was the one that pushed for Area BFE on Friday. I think it will provide the 37" full body crowd some entertainment value. The entire compition area is open and has many things that full bodied vehicles could play on and have a great time.

Those with smaller tires and nicer sheetmetal would be a bit bored with the place just becuase it is a little above their vehicles.

The reason hells is nice is it gives a new comer an idea of their vehicle and what Moab is like. Sometimes people don't like the whole rock thing and just want to do the tour of Moab easier road thing and Hells lets them know that in and easy mannor.

Hells is always fun and those that wanted too could easily do both BFE and Hells in one day if they wanted to.
    I myself have thought about doing both. With a small group and moving fast I have done Hells in about 2 hours. You don't stop and mess around much and the trail is short.

If anybody has better suggestions I know we will all listen. We tried to get these opinions 2 months ago and no one wanted to step up so a few of us chose what was happening.

19. 1977k5

I would really like to try some of the stuff in BFE. I'm not really afraid of hurting my sheetmetal. If you (miniwally) would like to run Hell's quick and then head to BFE I would be down with that.

20. miniwally

I am doing BFE and then if time Hells.

I want to play on the comp area at BFE and then hit Upper Heldorado and maybe one other trail then if everything goes well hit Hells.

I wouldn't hesitate to do BFE if I was you and then catch the group on Hells. Just get phone numbers etc. and it wouldn't be a big deal hitting up Hells alone if others don't wnat to go when you do. The Hells group will be all day on the trail. BFE could be boring after a few hours I don't know.