Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trail rated

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just looked at some videos at http://www.jeep.com/trailrated/index.html?context=homepage&type=mainImg to see what they consitter a trail for thier trail rated. I didn't see anything that any 4 wheel drive vechile couldn't do. I mean what a joke !!! No offence to anyone that owns a jeep, but damn, my 1976 K5 in stock form could do all that and then some.

2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

That's more than any other manufacture does.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my driveway is worse than that /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif all except the deep water crossing, thats in my back yard /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So Paul tell us what is so bad about a Jeep! How many have You actualy drivin /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Or is this just another one of Your useless post where You have to bash something that You don't own /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

You know, Paul and some other random dude could make the same exact post and the other guy's post would be full of replies of /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and other happy horseshit, and Paul's would be ridden with flaming.

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You actualy drivin

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember if you were one of those who were cracking on him about his spelling, but if so then /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

You beat me to it Paul! I was going to post almost the same question. I wanted to know what they meant by "Trail Rated" also. I thought maybe there was some kind of rating system like they use for the trails in books. So before you all go flaming Paul for his question, maybe we could figure this out?

I watched a commercial the other night that sparked this question. I guess all the other 4x4s out there are not trail rated? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Aw, you know how it is Larry. "Trail Rated" means "For all you guys who have never seen a trail, driven on a trail and would never buy a $40,000 vehicle to bash up on a trail, this one's for you - in case you ever, due to circumstances beyond your control, wind up on something that isn't pavement and need to escape with your groceries intact without totally freakin out and calling AAA".

They needed to make that staement shorter. So they said "Trail Rated" instead. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Aw, you know how it is Larry. "Trail Rated" means "For all you guys who have never seen a trail, driven on a trail and would never buy a $40,000 vehicle to bash up on a trail, this one's for you - in case you ever, due to circumstances beyond your control, wind up on something that isn't pavement and need to escape with your groceries intact without totally freakin out and calling AAA".

They needed to make that staement shorter. So they said "Trail Rated" instead. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead-on!!

10. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I agree that newer jeeps r crap but the water crossing in the first video is pretty impressive for a stock vehicle. I dont know if my K5 could cross a river with water up to the hood but Ive never tryed.

Nick

11. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Except for one point where they use a tricky camera angle to make it look like they're rock crawling, I've done all of that stuff with my stock G20 van! And the rock crawling they show, I've done in my '83 Buick!

They need to show the Jeeps doing something that can't be accomplished in a car with a driver that knows what he's doing!

I started off roading in old FWD cars and then a 2wd Dakota, and I did a lot harder stuff then what they show in any of those videos.
    Heck some of the "roads" back home in Nebraska are worse than those trails. And I know the "roads" around my in-laws place (in Oklahoma) are a lot worse and I tool around on those in my van with no problems. I've had water up to the headlights on it before, won't do it again but it made it without an problem!

Maybe I should get a "Trail Rated" badge for my van! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    So Paul tell us what is so bad about a Jeep! How many have You actualy drivin /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Or is this just another one of Your useless post where You have to bash something that You don't own /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ] And is this another one of your useless replys intended to bash on me for no reson ??? It is funny that if I post something that a few of y'all want to jump on me over it, but if someone else was too post the same thing you'd be cool with it. What's up with that ??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] And is this another one of your useless replys intended to bash on my for no reson ??? It is funny that if I post something that a few of y'all want to jump on me over it, but if someone else was too post the same thing you'd be cool with it. What's up with that ??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm cool with you Z3PR /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Im cool wih u too.

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I know, it's only a select few. But in all honesty, I have fun fueding with them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif They think they are winding me up, but if anyone takes the time to truely read it all, they'd see who is getting who's goat. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my driveway is worse than that all except the deep water crossing, thats in my back yard

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to get through a creek just like that every time it rains just to get out my driveway. Normally, when I know it's going to rain I just get supplies and stay in till the creek dries up enough to cross it. But sometimes I just have to leave. Only thing it ever did was rip the fan shroud off. Made a hell of a noise and I thought I had blown the engine. By the way they don't show any of them making it back to dry land. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Noticed that the climbs and other trail like shots were dressed up. Just an uphill road with rocks all set in the side of the hill. And another shot where they are on a flat road but shown with tree brnaches on the side. Makes it look like obsticles but they are off the road. The muddy humps? Those look like fun in anything. Would like to do those at high speed in a built Burb! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Well at least now we know that the K5 is also "Trail Rated"... Aren't you glad? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

17. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Well at least now we know that the K5 and everything else on the road is also "Trail Rated"... Aren't you glad? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe I should get a "Trail Rated" badge for my van! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]If I were you, I wouldn't soil your van with such a blatant lie. heck, if you put it on, people would probably make fun of you if they ever saw it on a dirt road. `oh no, wouldn't want to get your tires dirty there...'

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I've driven lots of jeeps, and they're not as impressive as my old 77 C20 pickup truck was. I took that damn thing just about everywhere. Also, lay off Z3PR; Besides being rude and stupid, it makes you look like a flaming dildo to those of us who glance at the boards once a week.

-Rich

19. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

im not impressed at all, our ORV park has tougher stuff and i rarely need to use 4wd in any of my rigs out there...