Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trail ready!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by screamer*145, Oct 11, 2004.

1. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

ok i need some help or ideas on what to do and or check before i take her out for some action just mud and hills no rocks or trees so any ideas are welcome just so i dont for get some thing and this is probly going to be my first real outing so help is thanked!

so you know what i got - 78 blazer 14ff/d44 th350 np205 and a 400ci have 32" tires with no lift /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

check all the /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif fluids and make sure all the u-joints are good, ow and grease all the grease fittings. pretty much just look over the whole truck and make sure nothing is worn out or loose.

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

make sure that the ubolts are tight too, it is not uncommon for them to loosen up overtime.

4. screamer*145

i have found that the top of one of the rear shocks is loose and rusted my ? is that can i /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif it off and just put a bolt throuh it and nut it and what kind of gabrial schock would i need for the front with no lift and ferd towers and which ones for out back! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. screamer*145

6. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i have found that the top of one of the rear shocks is loose and rusted my ? is that can i /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif it off and just put a bolt throuh it and nut it and what kind of gabrial schock would i need for the front with no lift and ferd towers and which ones for out back! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Punctuation would be useful for keeping people un-confused.

7. screamer*145

i have found that the top of one of the rear shocks is loose and rusted in. Can i just cut mounting hardware off and just put a bolt throuh it instead, also what kind of gabrial schock would i need for the front with no lift and ferd towers and which ones for out back.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif