Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trail ride at RiverRock trails in Georgia

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by jesswilliams, Apr 30, 2005.

1. jesswilliams

jesswilliams Registered Member

I just wanted to let you know we are having a trail ride on the Oconee river in middle Georgia. This is the first advertised ride at my buddies private property. The trails are from mild to wild. We have been going to tellico and Gray rock, but, Steve decided to build something closer to home. The gates open at 2pm Fri. There will be free camping untill Sunday. There is going to be a live band Saturday nite and there is plenty of room for camping (primitive or Campers). There are no hookups or power. We encourage camping, but, there are motels in Milledgeville. The trails are approx. 10 miles from M'ville. Steve has hauled over 100 Dump trucks of rock in from a job site, so there are plenty of natural and man made obstacles. The trails are set up where you have obstacle after obstacle, there is no riding 30-45 min. before you get to a good section of trail like some places. Everyone is invited, so come spend 2 nights under the stars on the river in middle Georgia.
    June 24-26 2005
    $20 per vehicle and driver (includes free camping)
    $5 per person spectator or rider (includes free camping)

I will keep you up to date with any changes. We are in the planning stages and also. I will also post directions from different parts of the state. If you have any questions, pm me.

Thanks,
    Jess

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Any more info on the property? How big is this place?

3. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

cannot remember how long it takes to get from jackson to miligville? About an hour? How often will he be open other times?

4. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

what are the trails like, like tellico or what? and will this be just this one weekend thing or will it be open all the time Im only an hour from there which will be huge if its open a lot

5. jesswilliams

This is the first time we have advertised a ride here, we have been doing Tellico, gray rock, and the owner steve decided to have a ride to see what kind of turnout we would have. The track is not that big, it borders the Oconee and has steep climbs, rock gardens, offcamber trails, and mud. There are several places that you can play on rock sections and bombed trails. We like it because the obstacles are one after another instead of having to ride trails 30-45 min to get to a tough section. We want to have trails for every type of rig from stock to highly modified. Steve has hauled over 100+ dumps of rocks to add to natural climbs and build rock gardens. There are some rocks that had to be hauled on a lowboy. We are hoping to make this a successful trail ride. Having more rides depends alot on turnout. This is a great deal for $20. We hope you will come and bring other CK5ers. Pm me if you have any questions. Thanks,

Jes

6. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Is his name Steve Renfroe?

7. jesswilliams

Yes, that is him. You must know steve?

Jess

8. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I have sold him and some friends several parts.

9. jesswilliams

Keith, try to get a group of K5'ers to come down and ride our trails. I talked to Steve and he said he knew you. You would'nt happen to know Bobby Johnson from Dallas would you? He is part owner of Dallas Collision, we raced together in NMCA drag racing. We are hoping to get some exposure with this ride. There are trails for everyone. Pm me if you can get a group up. Thanks for your time.

Jess

10. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Whats the date on this ride? Looks to be about 4 hours from here and I've got friends that live on the lake there.

Edit: Nevermind I read the original post for the 20th time and finally saw the date. I may be attending this outing. Got any pics of this place?

11. jesswilliams

June the 24-26, gates open at 2pm friday.
    $20 for driver and vehicle pass ( includes free camping and band)
    $5 per person rider or spectator( includes free camping and band)
    Hope to see you, I will post directions on board soon.

Jess

12. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Talked to Steve today. I will be going over to check things out next weekend. Try some the trails and report back with pictures. Sounds like everything is going to be great. :cool1:

13. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

This is going on this weekend right? Who is planning on going?

14. wforicv

wforicv 1/2 ton status

Great place....good people

Guys

Just wanted to say that I went up to River Rock Friday night. My blazer was still down, so I just drove up with some buddies to check it out. This is a well maintained, well thought out park. I was told by the staff that is around 120-130 acres. They ran a water truck all weekend to keep the dust down on all main roads and camping areas. Plenty of camping room everywhere. The staff went out of their way to make sure things were going safe and smooth. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful....Ralph kicks ass- cool ass guy.
    Most of the super nasty stuff on the trails had at least one other way around. There is a little bit of everything for everyone: mud pits, some good, long climbs, technical rock sections, and even some mild trails for stockish vehicles. There was a good mix of rides there. Some truggys and buggys, jeeps, full size, and mud bogging rigs. I saw a few pimp K5's out there! Anyway, I recommend going up and checking this place out, you will not be disappointed. I think we needed a place like this in the area and these guys hit it dead on. Here is a link to there website:

http://www.riverrockorv.com/

Eric

15. mjfoster49

mjfoster49 Registered Member

I just got back home from there, and it is a very nice place. I didnt try any of the real hard stuff, like the Trench because i had to drive 2 hours back home. But I still had a great time doing some of the easier stuff, and I will definantly be going back up there.

16. wforicv

wforicv 1/2 ton status

mjfoster49

Were you in a K5? What color? I probally saw you there. I will have my 14 bolt in soon and will be going back to try it out. We need to get a trip together to go back up.

Eric

17. mjfoster49

mjfoster49 Registered Member

I was in a white scottsdale. We got up there about 9:00 this morning and left at 4:00. Let me know when you want to go back, and i will go.

18. wforicv

wforicv 1/2 ton status

Good deal. I have some work to get done on the K5. Can't wait.

19. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Sounds Badazz! Can't wait to go. Is it all man made or natural?

wforicv: Where are you located in SC?

troy

20. keith

keith 1/2 ton status