Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trail ride idea

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rockblazer, Sep 17, 2000.

1. Rockblazer

Rockblazer 1/2 ton status

Ok guys, here is my proposal. I would be willing to host a trail run out here in the Black Hills of South Dakota. We are fortunate enough to still have an open forest (I hope after the forest fires go out) and as long as I do not charge for the event I would not need to obtain a permit. However a small donation to our club would be greatly appreciated but not necessary. Donations would go for land use, or Search and rescue. I am thinking of next year sometime so you can all make the necessary plans. I am proposing a 3-4-5 type criteria where the first day we would traverse a trail at 3 rating, next 4 rating then 5 but if the majority are interested in one or the other I would be willing to satisfy those needs. We have lot's of trails and nobody would be bored. Depending on group size, I would be the primary trail leader, however if we get too many responses I may have to limit it. I can procure a campground at a very reasonable price and trust me you won't go home disapointed! Let me know guys! You can visit our website at : www.bh4wheelers.com to check out the campground, trails/ratings and general information about our club. Take care and have fun! Todd

"You're right... I don't understand that Jeep thing!"

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Todd,

I am very interested of course! I would be willing to lead "Dugan's Prospect" as I've been down it a few times now. My personal opinion is that after going on Spring Creek trail on the "why to K5 run" it was boring! The trails in the Black Hills are not as narrow as your truck (most of them anyway) and offer better and more obstacles. Hey if I'm willing to clear my schedule to get out there from Newport,Washington, I just can't see anyone coming up with an excuse to not go!! Let's go wheelin!! Also pictures from "Full Size", a trail in the Black Hills can be seen at http://www.goldrush2.coloradok5.com/FullSize.htm

David 75K5

P.S. You ain't been wheelin till you been three wheelin!!

[​IMG] http://www.goldrush.coloradok5.com

3. Rockblazer

Hey Dave, glad ya made it back ok. Sounds like a plan! Just to let everyone know, we offer trails of all kinds from touristy stuff to gonzo. So even if you have 10 bolts and a nice paint scheme or 1 ton stuff and not so proud body, we can provide some awesome wheeling. I would love to see some of your rigs out here! Todd

4. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Hey Rockblazer I am planning on hit the Challenge next summer.Looks cool!!Let me know if you are going also maybe we can get together and wheel.I have a '73 Blazer with D44,12 bolt,465,205,4.10 gears,33" swampers soon to go bigger and am locked FandR.No doors or top in summer either. Also if you like you can come down here and hit some hardcore trails like 21 Road or Battlement Mesa Trail or Holy Cross.These are some fun rides with 21 Road being the most fun of all.Check out 4Wheel and Off-Road May '98 for 21 Road and 4Wheel Drive @Sport Utility Sept. '99 for Holy Cross.Work sucks I'm going wheelin!!!!Brady

5. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

6. Rockblazer

Sounds great. Yeah I believe I will be there. Have been every year since 1995. My club sponsors the event. Would love to hit the road and check out some other areas as well. Need a tow rig and trailer though first. If you would like an application for the 18th annual Challenge let me know and I will get you on our mailing list. Take care. Todd