Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trail Run, Uhwarrie NF, North Carolina 10/26

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by SHINTON, Oct 15, 2002.

1. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, just wanted to send out a heads up about a trail ride at Uhwarrie National Forest in Eldorado, NC on Sat, October 26th. I will put in a couple links here to the CNC website where you can find info on Uhwarrie under the trails/maps area.

ALSO, a link to Triad4WDA which is a NO-dues club on Yahoo, who is the official group behind the run. More details will be posted on it as time goes by.

The plan is to start with Dickey Bell which is rated Medium and I have drove it SEVERAL times as a stock K5 with 32 a/ts. No lockers, etc. Great trail to start with. We may go on to some bigger trails later or split into a big/lil dawgs and hit diff trails.

Here are the links, shoot me an email if you are planning on going. We will be meeting at the Eldorado Outpost (Amoco station I think) at 10am that Saturday. You will want to pack a lunch to eat on the trail, and be ready to have some fun.

Feel free to shoot me emails at sammyh@triad.rr.com if you need further directions/help, shoot the breeze, etc!

CNC home page...go to TRAIL section

Triad4wd Home page...its free join us!

2. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

how far into north carolina is that? if our 81 is running good, then imight go. can i bring friends who are not K5 owners?

3. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

Yeah man this is WIDE open, Jeeps, Fords even are welcome! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Uharrie is about 1.25 to 1.5 hours inside NC from the Charlotte area! Come on out!

Sam

4. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

i cant find a map for directions from my area. can you help me out? i really want to go on this, espacily if i can get the 81 running. i need to get directions first.

5. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

According to Mapquest it is like 375 miles one way to Uhwarrie from Rome GA? That is a LOOOONG way man, it looks as if Tellico is much closer to you?!?!?

Type is Eldorado, NC in www.mapquest.com in the driving directions to get a map, they are off a bit in the directions but you can see how far this would be.

(Looks too far for me to drive for a 6 hour trail ride for sure)

Sam