Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trail Story w/ pics.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BizeeB65, Feb 4, 2007.

1. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

So I went wheelin saturday with about 20 heeps and a couple furds... dont find many K5ers here in KY cause of the tiny trails. Anyways... we got to the spot (hillznhollarz.com) and started wheelin. Hit a couple of slick hills which made for a wild ride. Then we started up a rocky creek bed (me, my buddy in his Geo and a 3rd buddy with his 67 bronco). Got most of the way through it and had to pull a pretty tight turn to get out of the creekbed. I made it up, the geo came out ok... then the bronco.....

I noticed him turning the wheel, and the wheels were not turning. Ends up he striped out the gears inside the steering box.. here's where it gets fun... we basically had to ratchet-strap the steering straight, and then I ended up towing him 2/3 mile off the trail by yanking the front end around.

Anyways... the only pic I have... Moral of the story... Not only did I get to wheel all day with no problems, but got to play tow-truck ON THE TRAILS with a furd in tow!!! :D

[​IMG]

And some more pics form the day...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

That's pretty cool :bow: !

Great pics too!

But you know, you need more cowbell :D !!

3. lochenjons

lochenjons 1/2 ton status

Looks fun, and like it went a whole lot better than my weekend wheelin' trip-broke a ujoint, radiator fan, and who knows what else