Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trail Tools and Spare Parts

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by seattlek5, Jun 1, 2003.

1. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

Most likely this has been covered before, but what tools other than the basics (wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, vicegrips, etc.) do you carry or will be carrying next time? What about spare parts (leadfoot had a trailer of tools and spares /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif)

I'll start with a flaring tool kit with a tubing cutter, axle shafts, extra steering arm and knuckles w/ balljoints.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

-----------------> look here.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i had a flare kit in the trailer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I've seen that article before, but who wants to carry around a half-ton of gear /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif It would be nice, but kills performance. I figured since a lot of people went out wheelin' this weekend I would ask what everone wished they would've had out on the trail.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Oh, well than some duct tape and bailing wire and your good to go.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

thanks to leadfoot's JB Weld I fixed my wipers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif POS broke on my brand new windshield, thought the glass was gonna be scratched /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

7. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

first thing is getting a mini isuzu truck so you never break anything /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

I just use the Luv to tow the K5 to the trail and back /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif