Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trail ??

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Jays Beast, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Anybody now of a decent trail near Roosevelt Lake? Have a family camping trip coming up in a couple of weeks. Would like to show them more than the camp grounds.

2. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

I don't know what kind of condition it is in, but there is a road that goes from Roosevelt over to 4 peaks. (Is that right? see what 5 years out of state will do to ya). If it hasn't been maintained in a while, I have heard it can get kind of nasty. Especially if it is wet. My brother-in-law says it is a pretty drive none that less.

By the way. How is Roosevelt doing? I heard it was damn near empty last year. I am still waiting for them to bring up those huge cat fish that are in the bottom of that lake.

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Sounds like Edwards Park Trail. The GPS coords and everything are in a book my wife got me when we got the white K5. It's called "Back Country Adventures Arizona" and I think Barns and Noble carries it along with some of the 4WD sites. Lots and lots of trails with full info in there...

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    How is Roosevelt doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was darn near empty a year ago, less than 15 percent. It is up to near 40 percent now. They removed the slot to keep the fish healthy . Lots of action right now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. t's85chevyk5

t's85chevyk5 Registered Member

I got that book and love it. There us something for everybody in that book.

6. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

That figures, the fishing is good, and I am up here in Utah.

What ever happened to San Carlos Lake? I eard to totally dried up last year. Is this true? That lake had the best bass fishing ever.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Id have to ask my stepbrothers, they go to San Carlos with their grandfather. I've never been there before /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

Last time I was there was back in '94. It was teh best bass fishing I have ever seen. There was three of use and in the 24 hours we were there we caught well over 60 fish. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

good times...