Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trailblazer + corvette = trailblazer ss

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazin_blazer, Oct 21, 2006.

1. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

i have several ?'s!!has anyone driven one of the new trailblazer ss 4x4? how anemic is the drivetrain on these things? i still can't believe they stuffed a ls2 into that little truck. are there lifts capable of 35" tires or maybe 33"? i still can't believe it, a 395 hp/400 ft-lbs 6 liter in a trailblazer. and i've already been approved for a new vehicle....and was shopping when i found this thing, i still can't believe gm went and done that..WOW!!! this will be a mall cruiser, but i still have my "80 with a tall deck 427 and sm465/np205 on 42's for the rough stuff and mud! i have a '69 with 6" spring and 2" body with tbi350/400/205 and 38's for the trail ridin.(fire roads and such it sees some beach cruising also a little mud,i don't abuse it much as its the first year of the almighty blazer, as if ya'll didn't know), back to the trail blazer, has anyone out there already lifted one of these ? are there any pitfalls that need to be observed? this thing is perfect, only thing i didn't like about it was there is no manual tranny available. it can be ordered in 2wd or awd. the awd is called a 4x4 ,and it has a switch that you can turn to 2wd, 4x4, or auto to run awd....i'm thinking i want a 4x4 to lift it a little.....then get my wife the 2wd version. i never thought i would fall head over heels over a vehicle. but this is her. it has 4:10 gears with a 9.5" ring gear from factory and 20" rims and a torsen diff on the awd...never heard of that....will this thing hold up to 35's or 33's?

2. uberbeans

uberbeans 1/2 ton status

3. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I sell em'

How much snow do you get? you probably don't need the AWD. save the money and get better fuel economy. Which is terrible if you drive it the way you want to. You know really FAST! The AWD will not hold up to big tires. If you want to lift one get a 4wd with a 5.3L.

If you want to go fast get a car. If you want to go big get a truck. If you are terrible at making decisions get this and never be happy because it doesn't do either well enough to justify the compromise.

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

That Torsen AWD+4WD sounds like whats in the H3.

5. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

the enter key is your friend. that's really hard to read.

=================================================

i have several ?'s!!

has anyone driven one of the new trailblazer ss 4x4?

how anemic is the drivetrain on these things?

i still can't believe they stuffed a ls2 into that little truck.

are there lifts capable of 35" tires or maybe 33"?

i still can't believe it, a 395 hp/400 ft-lbs 6 liter in a trailblazer. and i've already been approved for a new vehicle....and was shopping when i found this thing, i still can't believe gm went and done that..WOW!!!

this will be a mall cruiser, but i still have my "80 with a tall deck 427 and sm465/np205 on 42's for the rough stuff and mud!

i have a '69 with 6" spring and 2" body with tbi350/400/205 and 38's for the trail ridin.(fire roads and such it sees some beach cruising also a little mud,i don't abuse it much as its the first year of the almighty blazer, as if ya'll didn't know), back to the trail blazer, has anyone out there already lifted one of these ?

are there any pitfalls that need to be observed?

this thing is perfect, only thing i didn't like about it was there is no manual tranny available. it can be ordered in 2wd or awd. the awd is called a 4x4 ,and it has a switch that you can turn to 2wd, 4x4, or auto to run awd....i'm thinking i want a 4x4 to lift it a little.....then get my wife the 2wd version.

i never thought i would fall head over heels over a vehicle. but this is her.

it has 4:10 gears with a 9.5" ring gear from factory and 20" rims and a torsen diff on the awd...never heard of that....

will this thing hold up to 35's or 33's?

6. Clod_King

Clod_King 1/2 ton status

man I should've read your version first. WAAAAAAAY easier to read.

7. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

nobody makes a lift for these, except a 3' body. the 6 cylinder has the front axle tube run through the oil pan( not sure about th 8 cyls) and makes it near impossible to do any thing with.

8. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

I hope you mean a 3 " INCH lift and not a 3 ' FOOT lift. That would be pretty interesting...3 feet of body lift that is some serious space between the frame and body. Think of what the spacers would look like. :D

9. Clod_King

Clod_King 1/2 ton status

man i cannot find the picture.

But I remember seeing this picture a while back of a Suzuki Samurai with a body lift close to that!!!! he used spacers, and I think 2 or 3 frame rails inbetween.

It was ridiculous. I am going to keep on looking for that blasted picture too. It was a "show truck". It shows how moronic this guy was.

10. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

yep... there are some crazy people.:crazy:
    [​IMG]

11. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

ive got an 05 TB EXT, it has the i6 and is 2wd, its a quick suv for what it is... its kinda heavy but its pretty good in soft deep sand anyways... tried getting the wife talked into an ss but didnt wanna finance the 40k...

12. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Only way to get "suspension" on that, is to air-down.:haha:

13. blazin_blazer

yea thanks guy for makin that make a little more sense.

ever since i've been a member people have told me that my post are hard to read, because i run everything together.

i guess i will start using the enter key quite often.

so you guys don't think this thing is capable of making a mall cruiser even with some 31" tires.....i think i may just buy a 2wd and leave the wheelin to my blazers and use the 2wd trailblazer as a import eater.

i was thinking of buying me a hhr for the gas mileage, but when i seen that trailblazer with the ls2 stuffed in it , i thought to myself well gas has been going down.....its actually $1.96 a gal here rit now.

so do you guys think the '06 trailblazers with the 6.0l is destined to be a collectors item? or should i just stick with the gas sipping hhr for my family ride , as my tahoe is kinda expensive on the wallet as it guzzles gas and am in the market for a new ride!!

i've also gave some thought to the 4 door toyota tacoma, but i am a died and true chevy fan and would like a chevy...and its kind of down to the hhr or the trailblazer ss. i've checked insurance on both and they are within $30 of each other...go figure

14. blazin_blazer

so tell me what would you guys buy? i also gave some thought to the ramcharger...the one that comes from the factory with lockers and a winch, but there goes my mpg again, since it has 4.10 gears in it.

which by the way is what comes in the 6l trailblazer but you can order it with 3.42's i bet that will fly!!!

15. blazin_blazer

oh yea i meant to ask...why did some1 suggest the 5.3 model if you plan on lifting it any.

do you think 33's would fit under the traiblazer with a 3" body lift?

16. Confedneck79K30

the 5.3 wont be that much of a gas savings, trade that tahoe in on a 6.0l TB SS, you wont ALWAYS... be WTFO...

17. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i thought that was a straight 5 cylinder engine? that would be a pretty wierd looking oil pan, i suppose.

18. Confedneck79K30

the i5 is in the colorados...

19. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i thought the trail blazer was a coloroado w/ a bigger and (dare i say) even still uglier body?

20. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

if you've considered the Taco, look at the 4 door Tundra too. my buddy has an '06 Darrell Waltrip edition Tundra. badass ride for sure.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.toyota.com/tundra/dw.html
    http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/2006/tundra/dw_specs.pdf

too bad you're not local. i'd hook you up with him, he's a finance guy at a Chevrolet/Toyota dealer.