Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trailer, Blazer & Camper all on the Gooseneck W/ Tow Rig *PICS*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by therobzilla, May 23, 2004.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

OK,

Here it is not totally done yet, but almost. Got the "Taco" wagon aka camper mounted on the gooseneck, and loaded the blazer on the trailer to check out the clearances and take it for a test drive.

Still have to have the side boxes finished at work, door fronts hopefully will be diamond plate, and have to have the D Rings mounted in the right spots. and make the hold downs for the ramps, and adjust the trailer/gooseneck height. Then it's off to the mountains this weekend for some wheeling/camping/fishing.

I't totally digging this setup.

Enjoy.

Here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,

Rob

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Wow thats quite the set-up! You said you took it for a test drive? How did it pull everything? How do you have the camper mounted on there? Very nice /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

I hope that cummins isnt bone stock...... that looks heavy.
    Beautiful setup man.

4. therobzilla

Tows like a dream, 70/75 like it's not even back there. No sway, no bumping, no issues what so ever, take a bit of time to get up to speed, but other than that, it track like an arrow.

I mounted the camper thru the deck and into the actual cross members of the trailer and bolted it down, then I built little knee walls on each side of the over hang and then am going to have the knee walls covered to look like utility boxes.

5. therobzilla

Brad,

Not totally bone stock. It's got an edge ez and some other goodies on it. Tows no problem., with the setup as it is. Got the Scotty II breather, Edge EZ, and some others...

Got to do some other things like a aftermarket clutch, etc....

Rob

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Thats pretty damn awesome Rob. Looks really cool and should work very well for you. I am totally jealous. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Harley

7. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Rob, about what elevation are you running at?? I took my moms 2000 cummins to montana and it ran like dog poo. But here at 1500 ft it dynos at 280hp and 680ftlbs. Thats rearwheel power and it only has a five level chip (110 hp)and striaght pipe. Also what are you average egts?? I dont like her chip cause it gets hot.

8. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

AWESOME setup /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

And thanks for the variety of pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Nice set up!! You're totally self contained, ready for anything. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    BTW/ How much is your next door neighbor asking for his house? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Rob is so !

11. therobzilla

House next door sold in 5 days, and went for $325,000.00 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

As far as elevation is concerned it about 1200ft and it has a 4" exhuast, and running a Scotty II intake. The edge ez puts 65 HP to the rear axles, and it's plenty for towing, without replacing the stock clutch. The EPROM was flashed at the dealer for the high preformance setup back in 99, and had bigger injectors added.

I have heard of some guys having towing problems right off the lot. I bought mine used with 126K miles on it. Steady as the day I got it. It's not going to run 85+ mph up the grades, but it will pull 65/70 in the grades no problem. I don't need to break a need speed record towing, just need to get there safely and in comfort.

Once I dump the utility box for a regular dually bed, it will be much better, will drop about 1K to 2K in additional weight. The Utility body is kinda heavy.

Can't complain.

Rob

12. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I love it, and I would love to do something similar if I can figure out where to store it... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So, when you run across the inevitable "better deal" right after you buy something, let me know... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

13. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Now thats the set up!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif