Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trailer clearance

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BT, Jan 4, 2006.

1. BT

BT Registered Member

Hello, I am new to this site and glad I found it. I have a ton of questions and figure I found the right place to get some help. With 35x12.50 BFG MT's on centerline wheels (not sure of offset but they are tucked in neatly under fenders) truck is 83" at side walls. This truck is used alot during hunting season and tires rud pretty bad when hauled on a 83" wide car hauler. Lease is too far to drive truck to. Thought about going to 35 x 10.50 Boggers on a stock offset wheel. not really wanting to lose the width of tire for any other reason than hauling the truck. Has anyone experienced the same problem? Is anyone running 35 x 10.50 tires? I think it may look funny being so tall and then narrow. Could build ramps to drive over fenders on trailer but I need new tires anyways. Any Ideas?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Why not just get a set of stockers just for hauling the rig on the trailer. Get to where your going, change tires. Then change back to the stockers when you go to haul it back home.

3. BT

BT Registered Member

we do alot of varmint calling out of this truck. hunting numerous ranches in same trip. kind of a pain in the rear to switch tires off and on. The rear is fine just the width of front rubbing the fenders on the trailer

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I can understand that one. I know mountainexplorer on here has ramps welded to his fenders on the trailer. They work great.

5. BT

BT Registered Member

Thats the way i am leaning (ramps). The 10.50 tires would clear the fenders. just not sure how they would look.

6. 73k10sub

73k10sub 1/2 ton status

Go here http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160360 and check out the pic DP 90K5 has posted. He has built some removable ramps that go inside the trailer's wheel wells. If you contact him, he should be able to send you some pics that show a little more detail. LOL

7. BT

BT Registered Member

I figured somebody had run into this before. Does anybody have an opinion on the 10.50 wide 35's. They will drive right through the fenders of the trailer.

8. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

83" between my fenders and I had to build removable fenders because my 38x14.5's didn't clear and I destroyed a fender while running over it witht he front tire.

9. BT

BT Registered Member

Went to look at some 10.50 wide 35" tires. Would look better on the front of my tractor. Guess i will be building some ramps over the fenders of my trailer.

10. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good call on building the ramps. Those style boggers remind me of the 38x11 boggers...ugh. The fenders on my trailer are thin diamondplate but they're heavy enough to drive over. However, it wouldn't me hard to make a set of ramps or something to get over the fenders.

By the way, your user name is my nick name :waytogo: