Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trailer hitch adapter for a lifted truck

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by blazin topless 75, Mar 4, 2004.

1. blazin topless 75

blazin topless 75 Registered Member

Does anyone make one? I already have a drop hitch (11") but I think that it is still too high to tow my inboard boat w/out dragging the prop. any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Raise the tongue of the trailer, like a miniature gooseneck. They have a hitch available that has a verticle piece of steel that is drilled several times that welds to the tongue of the trailer that you can adjust the height of the tongue.

John

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Raise the tongue of the trailer, like a miniature gooseneck. They have a hitch available that has a verticle piece of steel that is drilled several times that welds to the tongue of the trailer that you can adjust the height of the tongue.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I would do if I had to tow with a lifted truck.
    But seriously, I wouldn't want to, lifted truck and towing don't really go together that well.
    /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Eh, up to a limit. I wouldnt go much above 4-5" of lift for towing. I dont know anyone who makes more than a 11" drop. Time to lift the trailer?? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

any fab shop can buold longer ones.
    my buddy is only running a 6" lift and 5's on his IFS chevy and ha a 18" drop to reach his trailer. they weren't gonna mod the traier since his parents also tow it with thier van and other truck.

I have about the same drop on the stinger I have for the burb. I bought it from a guy who was running it on his IFS burb for his race car trailer.