Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trailer trade......pics inside..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Nov 1, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I think it is worth it :D My neighbor's f150 has a hard time with the huge weight of the trialer he let me borrow a few times. A while back I posted up a picture of the trailer I still need to put wood in. I had negative feedback and everybody said DONT haul my burb on that trailer, because my burb is way too heavy. My neighbor and I did an even trade tonight. So Now I have a way to haul my burb around all the time :D

We did include brand new treated lumber with our old trailer.. Had bought it a while back

[​IMG]

And an old picture of the trailer I now own :D

[​IMG]

and PS. before anyone shats their drawers about me backing the burb onto it, search and see what was concluded. Burb's have a 50/50 weight distribution and it tows just fine with NO sway whatsoever :D

but yeah, I've got a trailer now, so I'll actually be able to go to more mud bogs, trails, and all kinda wheeling events :pimp:

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

mmm, jeep lime green.. sessy...

3. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Hate to tell you this but they don't have a 50/50 weight distribution. A 78 Suburban has a 58%/42% weight distribution (empty curb weight 4620#). But the way you have it loaded with the back end so for forward, the result is probably close to 50/50 over the trailer axles.

Its obvious that it is not tail heavy or it wouldn't be sitting on the trailer with the trailer unhooked.

Very nice trailer and an awesome trade.:bow:

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I posted in that thread what the F/R weights of my 3/4t '79 Sub w/ SBC-400-208 were and I believe it was closer than to 50/50 than that. AIR it was less than 300 lbs different.

Anyway, looks like a decent trade to me!

5. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

it is hooked up, the pic is at a funny angle.

6. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool trade, when are we going to see some current pics of the sub?