Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trailer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FatBoyBlazer, Oct 13, 2003.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

I finally got sick of not being able to look out my window and see my truck...i've decided to have my brother put that biach on a trailer and tow it form Massachsetts to Illinois /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifnow i just need to find a place to rent a trailor so it can make its way down here...any suggestions..its got a 4/6 lift and 35's it will porlly make its way down here with no top /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif i hate that big stupid fiber glass thing who needs it...any one it massachusetts wanna loan me a trailor /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifplease..or tell me where to rent one really cheap...thanks, ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Since I was bored at work I decided to check the U-Haul rates for you and for me in anticipation of a move in the spring or summer.
    FYI: Uhaul from Boston to chicago for a flatbed style trailer is $540..tow dolly is $240..
    Tell him to drive is there and take a bus back and save some cash

3. FatBoyBlazer

thats alot of money he was gonna pull it with his 03 silverado 1500 4x4 /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif will that bring the price down if we tow it from worcester to lombard and leave the trailer here?

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ...Tell him to drive is there and take a bus back and save some cash

[/ QUOTE ]
    Or YOU could take the bus there and drive it back yourself! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

The prices I gave were for a 1 way

6. FatBoyBlazer

the problem is, that im at school here(UTI) and i get 4 days at thanksgiving and 10 days that x-mas it would take me the weekend to take a bus back...the blazer needs an oil change i wanna do the pumkin oil and trans fluid, need to have the seat belts put back on and few little small things so i need to do a little work to her(like i said i need to do work to her i jus dont have the time to go home and do the work it and fly back for school /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif)the only other thing is any CK5er wanna go on road trip to chicago /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. FatBoyBlazer

[ QUOTE ]
    The prices I gave were for a 1 way

[/ QUOTE ] damn

8. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

round trip is cheaper. (by a lot!)

9. FatBoyBlazer

i just went on uhaul and they said my truck it too heavy for uhaul equptment wtf /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ya, I was just goign to reply saying your Blazer is bigger than what they recommend using on their trailers.... We did tow a 1/2 ton Short Bed on one once, it just barely fit...

I would say your best bet is to drive it back. Have your bro do the work and buy him some beer!(or give him $)... Much cheaper... You may be able to find an auto transportor to haul it for ya, but then again, that wont be cheap either.....

11. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Thought about a used trailer, then sell it later on?
    Wouldn't be any more deadly than U-Haul's equipment. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    But what the hell was the point of the Integra if you were gonna bring the Blazer anyway? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

your truck probably won't fit the u haul trailer if it has 35's on it.

check the width of the trailer on the website and then measure your truck. i was going to tow mine to cali on a u haul trailer but the truck just won[t fit on there. if i drop back to stock wheels and smaller tires it would fit though. just don't tell them what your are putting on the trailer. according to them the trailer is only good up to a 3600# car or so.

13. FatBoyBlazer

[ QUOTE ]
    But what the hell was the point of the Integra if you were gonna bring the Blazer anyway?

[/ QUOTE ] im not sure anymore...it gets good gasmilage so i save some there....

14. FatBoyBlazer

[ QUOTE ]
    I would say your best bet is to drive it back. Have your bro do the work and buy him some beer!(or give him $)...

[/ QUOTE ] i don't trust letting him work on my rig

15. redneck60164

redneck60164 1/2 ton status

i brought my blazer back form tn on a budget rent a car trailer (oneway rental) but i had to use there rental truck to haul it back becuase of the wait of the blazer so i had to rent a truck and car trailer and was able to drop truck and trailer off in elmhurst.

16. FatBoyBlazer

elmhurst is right next door...im going to find out if theres a buget retal car thing out in my home town /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif