Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trailering 71 stocker

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LKJR, Aug 2, 2001.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

hey how wide is it from outside to outside of the tires on a stock 71 jimmy, the tires are 31's that are on this one I need to go get. wondering what kind of trailer I can fit it on hoping I can squeeze it on a flatbed but worst case one of those uhaul car haulers

Like em big and topless

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I dont know exactly how wide it is but thats how my 71 was when I Flatbeded it home. You have enough room.</font color=blue>

3. ImpalaSS

ImpalaSS 1/2 ton status

the fronts pretty wide..... to wide according to u haul trailers but ive heard of people "squezing" them on

68 SWB 4x4 1 of 1,449 made 327, 465 4 speed, rockwell tcase, edelbrock performer intake+carb, MSD pro billet http://communities.msn.com/68K10

4. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

I got a cheap rental trailer from my local Bobcat (skidsteer) dealer. It worked fine for my 72, and there was enough room for wider tires.

You can't beat going Topless!

5. HarryL

HarryL 1/2 ton status

LK, I haul my 3/4 ton little monster blazer all around the place. I have a 16' 2 axle "Big tex" car hauler that is 7' wide. I have to pull the 38" gumbos and put on the skinny pizza cutter tires (7" wide on stock 6.5"rims) and it is a tight squeeze. My trailer has 1' high angle-iron sides and front. The fromt hubs are the biggest problem, but with a good spotter, I'm left with about 2" on both sides of the hubs.

I've towed this blazer from San Angelo TX to SLC, UT, and back and forth to Montana several times.

best,

Harry

6. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

well FYI the HD version Auto Transport that U-Haul has is barely big enough, truthfully it didn't fit but I made it work. So try and have smaller than 31" tires and if you have wagon wheels (don't know if they are standard of if different offsets are available) they are really about 2" too wide was gonna measure the trailer but didnt' get that far today other than fit and having to squeeze that moster on there it rode good

Like em big and topless