Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trailers, Buying and Selling

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by K30CJ, Mar 28, 2005.

1. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

I am looking for an enclosed gooseneck to haul my rig and quads. Around 38-40 ft. should work if anyone knows of one for sale, please let me know. That's figuring 30-32 ft. of floor plus the 8 ft. attic.

Once I find one, I'll be selling my 30 ft. flatbed goose. I would sell it with or without the Coachmen truck camper, which is self contained. It's a great trailer and it's only a few years old and has low miles. Even with the camper, I can fit the jeep and three quads on it. I also have another car trailer that I'll sell even if I don't find an enclosed trailer. It will haul a car, K5, even a K20. Some of you guys in the midwest have seen these trailers. Let me know if you want details.

[​IMG]

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

What are the specs on the other trailer? Can you post a photo of it?

Thanks.

3. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Here's a description I wrote for eBay. I haven't put it up for auction yet though. HAd trouble with my photobucket acount, I'll try posting a pic later. :)

This is a nice dual axle trailer for hauling your car, truck, Jeep, drag car, stock car, etc. It has aluminum ramps, which are light and easy to handle, yet very strong. It also has a 3500 lb. Superwinch which is handy for loading a vehicle that is not running. There is a storage well for the winch battery plus tools, parts, chains, binders, straps, and whatever else you want to put in there.

I have owned it for about 7 years, and have added these new parts - jack, tires, fenders, winch cover, shackles, equalizers and bushings. The axles are Dexters and have the super heavy duty 14.5 x 8" load range "F" low boy trailer tires. The tires are only a couple years old and have great tread. I will also throw in a good spare tire and wheel. This trailer can and has hauled cars, Jeeps, even full size trucks on it without a problem. There is about 83" between the fenders, and the total width is 102", so it is legal width. It has a long A-frame up front which makes it easy to back up. It is well balanced and pulls really nice. There is room to mount a tool box on the A-frame. I used to have a truck bed tool box on it. All the lights work, and it has a 4 pin flat connector. The hitch takes a 2-5/16" ball. Both axles are set up for electric brakes. The brakes are not working, but could be fixed. I never needed them.

There is nothing wrong with it that I know of except the brakes, which I mentioned above, but it is sold as is. Any questions, just ask, and I'll reply. If you want to come take a look, let me know. I may deliver for an extra fee, just ask, and we'll work something out. Thanks for looking and good luck! :)

4. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Hey John, I was hoping to have dibs on your trailer when you sell it. What will you be asking for it? Thanks.

5. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

You sure would, Tyler. I just got a new job offer yesterday, so I won't be in a rush to buy an enclosed until I see how that works out. Is your rig ready to go yet?

6. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

The crew cab? I am going down to Tejas in the next couple months to get a flatbed made by Bryan's family business, so I will definitely be ready to tow then. What needs to be done to make the brakes work again?

7. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

I meant the trail rig you were building. Is it about ready?

I accepted the new job today. :cool1: The new trailer idea is on hold, so I won't sell the big trailer for now.

Just so we're on the same page, it's the smaller, bumper pull trailer that does not have working brakes. When I bought it, I re-packed the wheel bearings. While I was in there, I found the electric brakes were shot and just removed the pads and the electric actuators so they wouldn't drag. I never got back to fixing them. So it would need new actuators, pads and the wiring, which would mean you'd need to go to a 6 or 7-pin connector too. I remember the drums being OK. Both axles were set up for brakes. They are common Dexter axles, so parts should be easy to get.

Say hi to Bryan. I have a winter guard for the grill of the crew cab that I never got around to sending him. Any way I could get it to you to take to Tejas with ya? Going to the Badlands soon or anything??

8. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Do you have any pics for this yet? What weight rating are the axles? Also how much do you want for it?

9. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Yeah, here's a pic. That's mud on the top of it. The axles are Dexter 7,000 lb. (each). I'd take $1400.

[​IMG]

10. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

How long are the rails?

11. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

13' 4". I originally bought it to haul a '78 K20 mud truck, so a fullsize long bed fits.

12. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Thanks, but I'll have to pass. I want something a little longer.

13. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

I decided to keep the goose and just get a newer camper. My camper is for sale here. The smaller trailer is still for sale too.

14. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Sold the small trailer on eBay. I still have the camper, but have a very interested person I'm holding it for, for a few days.

15. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

The guy wanting the camper had something come up and backed out.

The gooseneck trailer is for sale with or without the camper. The camper is off the trailer now, so it's ready to go by itself if necessary. Asking $900 (make an offer!) for the camper minus the AC unit. $3800 for the gooseneck. I'll put these on ebay soon if no interest here. Thanks.