Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trailers.

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by tomford, Mar 19, 2007.

1. tomford

tomford 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What are you guys using for a trailer, i just got an 02 silverado regular cab, long bed and i want to tow my 81 k-10 shortbed and im wondering what you guys have for trailers

thanks

tom ford

2. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a 18 foot deckover that is 96" wide with a 10K GVW. I like the deckover because I can drive right up. no removing fenders or driving over them. even when hauling cars it easier. you can open the doors and get in. most standard car hauler trailers you can't do that since the doors line up with the fenders when loaded.

My next one will be longer. at least a 20 foot deck with 3-4 feet of dovetail along with being 102" wide. Thats overkill for my woods truck but it gives me flexibility to haul anything. I bought my current one used from a friend.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have an 18' 7K rated Carson car hauler. I like it alot but my K5 is right at the max. I would have like to go to 10K but I didn't have the extra money when I bought it. I really like my trailer. I have the 83" wide deck and I can fit between the fenders with my truck. I don't run wide backspaced rims though. I will be upgrading in a few years to a 20-24 gooseneck 10K+ rated. I will get a lowboy though.

Get the most trailer you can so you get larger brakes and are not over the weight limit.

Harley

4. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

I just bought me a 16 foot 10K trailer, that I have just been using to move parts for now. I doesn't have the dove tail.

Edit: Found out it's a 7K trailer.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  5. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

18 foot steel deck with 2 ft dovetail. Wish I could have gotten the 20' but it works just fine. 3500# axles with electric drum brakes.

TRAILER1.JPG

TRAILER5.JPG

TRAILER4.JPG

6. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

here is my trailer its a 20 foot 10k...i love it..i used to have a 18 ft steel 7k and couldnt stand it...so i finnaly just bought one new...its the only way to go...

Picture 028.jpg

Picture 029.jpg

Picture 030.jpg