Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trailers

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Shaggy, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I know that one guy in here builds trailers for a living, so I was hoping maybe he or someone else could help me out with this... My truck is starting to get fairly wild, and I've been considering buying another truck and a trailer so I can tow it to trails instead of driving it. How much is a trailer capable of hauling around my soon to be nearly 7000 pound beast going to cost me, and will I be able to pull it with a regular class 4 weight distributing hitch? To tow it I'll either be getting a late model 3/4 ton Dodge or a 90-91 V3500 3+3, if any of that matters. Thanks for the help!</font color>

2. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I think your eyes are bigger than your bank account/forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I think that you're a smart ass /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I'm not going to do this until late next year, if at all. The trouble is that I want to bring both a camper and my truck to Pismo, but I'm not sure that towing a trailer with my truck on 42s is such a wise decision, dig? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I want to get a new truck anyways, so this seems like a viable solution. It would be nice to not worry about breaking stuff so much, since if I break it I can still just load t on the trailer and make it home.</font color>

4. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Geez, dude, I was just teasin'... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

You don't have to convince me, I ain't the one you're sharing your bank account with /forums/images/icons/grin.gif/forums/images/icons/grin.gif/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

shewheeler wrote;
    Geez, dude, I was just teasin'...

You don't have to convince me, I ain't the one you're sharing your bank account with

Cheryle

ROTFLMAO!!!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I be the one that builds trailers all damn day....As far as how much one of our trailers would cost ya, lol, It really depends on what ya wanna spend. We could build ya a 14-16ft wood deck trailer for $2500......Or we could build ya a complete balls out diamond plate deck car hauler for $4500+. Electric or surge brakes....We can pretty much build whatever ya want. Most of the stuff we build goes to the rental industry....Places like Nations Rentals, U.S Rents....Because of the abuse the trailers in that industry see, Our trailers are waaaay overbuilt. Another thing we do that most places don't is powder coating. Everyone of our trailers is powder coated. Kinda why they are so expensive. Anyways...If ya have questions, heres the # (530)274-BEST. Ask for either John or Bernie, Jown is the owner, Bernie is General Manager. Oh yeah...It's called Best Trailer Inc.

If ya want more info, let me know and I'll see what I can do. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Great, thanks alot Joe. That's actually not as bad as I had expected. I wouldn't want anything fancy, just real solid and wide enough to fit a truck with 42s on 3" backspaced wheels. that's the other problem with some trailers, just not wide enough for a big truck. How much would a basic trailer with say, 8000 lb capacity and some real good brakes run? </font color>

8. Zeus33rd

Well, I can find out a definate price for ya....Do ya want wood or diamond plate deck? And electric or hydraulic brakes? Brakes on all for wheels or just 2? Exactly how wide is your truck? 6 or 8 lug wheels? What color? Answer those questions and I'll find out for ya tommorrow..:)

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Damn, that's a lot of choices! Can't answer some of them yet though, and since I'm just kind of in the checking it out stage, I won't ask you to find out a definate price. If all goes well then I'll be askin' you about them again next year though /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Thanks for the info! </font color>

10. Zeus33rd

No probs dude. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Priest

Priest Registered Member

When you really start looking, cruise the BBS's. I usally see one every couple week for between 1K and 2K. I remember reading a thread recently where most of the guys suggested going with a wood deck. The said that traction, cost, and ease of replacement made the wood a better choice. I don't know if any of that is true because I've never used a trailer for that...I'm just puking out what I read once... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

what BBS's have you seen trailers on resently?