Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trails by ORANGE COUNTY, CA

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by mike89, Feb 28, 2000.

1. mike89

mike89 Registered Member

Hey I go to school here at UC IRvine, and I have no idea where to go 4byin around here...need help.

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I live in Torrance and I usually go to Hungry Valley in Gorman. It's straight up the 5 freeway about an 1 and 45 minutes from you. It has lots of trails and even an obstacle course that is used by the big magazines to test their new vehicles. You also have a place called Azusa wich is basically a lot of muddin. I.ve never been there but I'd get directions for you if you'd like. I've also heard about a place in San Diego that I might go to this weekend and let you know about it. If you want to go to gorman one day let me know, I might have to be your tour guide.

Esteban[/b]

3. mike89

mike89 Registered Member

ESTEBAN--
    That sounds great...What degree of difficulty is Gorman?
    I have a slighty built system...33's mild 350 heavy duty 700r4 Will there be trails I can handle? I really appreciate your help.

-Mike89

4. 88Jimmy

88Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yeah! let's do the Miller Jeep trail !!!!!

5. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I am not sure what degree of difficulty the Miller trail is, but there are trails that range from easy to difficult. I have an 86 K5 with 2 1/2 inch lift 33 inch mud kings stock 350 and stock 700r4 so you should be fine. I might be able to go on the 12th. Let me know and we can post something here so we can get some more guys there.
    Later,
    Esteban

Esteban[/b]

6. ike

ike Registered Member

Theres a trail up past Cooks corner....

Theres a trail up past Cooks corner....Mud pit when it rains....

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

whats up ike! where do you live. I'm in orange near the "village of orange" btw this post is like 5 years old, and i know you posted this on 10-2-05 also

8. ike

ike Registered Member

orange ca

Im in Orange County The city of Orange near the 55 and 91 or tustinand chapman not far from the Orange Mall orOld Town.... Anyway ... are there any local clubs ..I would like to have some people to go off road with .. local and maybe up in calico Local desert ect... There is a small trail that goes up to some cabins here ,, Its up chapman up past cooks corner... there used to be old junk trailers and cars up there buy I think its cleaned up now,,,, Im just getting this truck together I put a lift on it and am replacing the rear axle bearings ... Let me know about any local clubs...My truck is a 76 Jimmy Its a full size truck same as a Blazer but its a GMC It is a earlly 76 first sold in 75 so its smog exempt...thats why I bought.. I wanted a half cab but would have never bought it if it had to be smogged ,,, So I was lucky to find it....

9. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

OMG how far down did you did to bring back this post?? LOL

10. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Does anyone know about the trails that run up the ridge next to the ranch out in the canyon? I dont want to go rompin around somewhere I am going to get in trouble but they are well established and well used!

Also we have trails up Saddle Back(that is the big mountain towards the east of irvine) and Wildomar OHV area off Ortega, Holy Jim trail(kinda week and kinda a Bust. totally abused by all the Posers) Cooks Corner(Nice of them to give us permission to play even if it is only a few hundred feet of trail)...

11. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I don't know of anything except for Wildomar. I can get there anytime anyone wants to go. Only 30 Min from the house...

12. GillBill

GillBill Registered Member

Nice to see some guys in orange county. The only place I have been wheeling was off ortega highway just by the ranger station.

13. ssped

Yup there are other peoples here in the OC. What are you runnin. you are close to me. Wildomar is good. The forest service is doing a planning meeting on trails in the national forest. we should all get involved. they are trying to decide which trails to place in the forest action plan for the next 10 years. I will try and inform all Yall of the up coming meetings they are having.

14. GillBill

I have a 72 blazer 4" 33's gm 12 and dana44, 350 turbo350. Nothing exciting, but I am building a 388ci roller/hydraulic motor for it with a 4-bolt main and 1 piece rear main seal this fall at saddleback

15. ssped

How is their Shop? I took a class up there and peeked in. looked Kinda small from what I saw. I took Rop auto at Magnolia years ago. it was fun. led me to where I am now.

16. GillBill

Its a pretty good size as far as I see it, they have about 10 bays with lifts. Their engine machine shop is impressive, its about 900sq ft and has alot of cool machinery, including a bench airflow tester. Do you work for the land rover off maguerite?

17. ssped

yah I am right there. Stop by sometime. I am there durring the week till 5pm. I write service and my name is Ed. I drive my truck almost everyday. Or I ride a bicycle once or twice a week. Keep and eye out for a kid in a red K5 up there. he goes to school up there. it is a 6.5 turbo diesel D60, 14b rear with a good lift. He and his dad built it. it is a nice rig. I see him drive by all the time.