Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trails near Trinidad, CO?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Texas76, Jul 31, 2000.

1. Texas76

Texas76 Registered Member

Does anyone know of some good places to go wheelin near Trinidad, CO? Some friends and I are headed up there one weekend this month and this will be the first wheelin trip for my 76 Jimmy since I put in the new motor, t-case, and tranny. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

3. walrus101

walrus101 Registered Member

head to monument lake, from there go on to bear lake and on to the top of the mountain,go in the morning so there is still alot of fog. the trail is not to difficult by any means just some pretty tight turns, but the view is something else!

walrus101

goo goo gaju

4. Texas76

Texas76 Registered Member

Thanks for the info. The 4X4trails site is fantastic. I wish I could find sites with that much info for other states. Thanks Walrus101 for the info on Monument Lake and Bear Lake. I'll definitely have to check those out. But now, I've got to fix a problem with my Jimmy that I found this morning. Two months ago, I put in a brand new Goodwrench 350. 300 miles later, the rear main is leaking bad! Boy am I glad that the engine comes with a warranty.