Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trails updated

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by CK5, Aug 20, 2002.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Main page, everyone ready?
    Just one note, the Rusty nail trail is not for anyone afraid of heights, this trail puts you out on a cliff ledge and you lean toward the down hill side (1,000 feet drop off?) not sure on how far down it is but after a certain amount it really doesn't matter. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    not sure on how far down it is but after a certain amount it really doesn't matter

[/ QUOTE ]
    lmao!!!!! so very true lol

3. fisher1648

fisher1648 Registered Member

Although I've never been to Moab, and based on the trail descriptions on 4x4now.com/mu4wd.htm, the trail selections sound great. Do you guys have a gut feel for the vehicle numbers expected on the different trails as far as how many you think will go "easy" VS "difficult" VS "moderate" ?

Just curious -

I'll be going moderate.

4. CK5

That's a good question, let's all reply with an informal trail sign up right here.

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

For me it's hard to tell by reading a discription of the trail! I am a visual person, if I see someone else with a similar setup make it then I will try to! I guess that makes me a follower not a leader /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    I plan on Moderate and Difficult trails! As long as I don't fall off a cliff or roll down a hill I am good to go! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. CK5

Hey, if someone has time could they post links to trail descriptions around the net, that might help people decide, thanks.

7. fisher1648

fisher1648 Registered Member

8. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks for the update! I'll be hanging (maybe literally/forums/images/icons/smile.gif) on all the difficult trails with whoever is there. I'm sure most of the AZ boys will be doing these trails as well (knowing Russ, Marv, Juan, Keith, and Rob/forums/images/icons/grin.gif). I hope all you fuel injected boys are ready to help (read- "strap") a poor carbureted K5 above 45 degree up angle /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif , or maybe I'm imposing...... Please tell me if I'd be too much of a pain in that case....

As you can tell, this is my first trip to Moab. I really don't know what to expect, other than a few pics, which always lie as to the true story /forums/images/icons/wink.gif .........

9. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

You know I'm in on the difficult agenda, that is if I haven't screwed up my rig with all these untried changes. Basically there is nothing left of what went through Terminator last spring except the basic drive train, windshield, hood, cowl/firewall, and part of the frame. All new body and suspension with new home-built shafts. It’s not very pretty, really rough in fact. No time for aesthetics, just tried to get it semi-functional for this run. Maybe it will work, maybe it wont. If it works, I'll gladly strap you through as needed. If it don't, maybe you'll be strapping me. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif