Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

training a room mate 101

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by POWERMAD, Feb 27, 2003.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Ok I rarely eat at home and am pretty much a neat person not real organized but not a slob.
    Wait all week watching the dishes stack up and the kitchen get trashed.
    get home at 2:30am. have a couple of cold ones(it is my friday) look at the mess and start to do a slow burn.
    **** it need some cleanin music, out goes the Floyd hello Mudvayne.
    Hee hee not to loud mind ya I am a respectful room mate LOL
    Dishes on the other hand.. damn pots and pans are loud.
    Sh!t might as well vaccume while I am at it. Slayer Hell awaits sounds pretty good to that
    If these subtle hints don't work I guess I am just gonna have to be a dick.
    Lord knows I am a real bastard when I get woke up and have to go to work.
    Hmm floor is dry I think it is time to put the dishes away...
    Stone Sour sounds like some good puttin dishes away music.

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i know exactly what you are goin threw...i am on my 6th room mate in about 3 years right now..none of them seem to respect my house and just trash it and have to act like their mom and pick up after them..but right now the one i have is good...cleans up his own [censored] and even cleans the bathroom...haha...what ever you do...do not get a chick as a room mate...it always turns into something more...belive me...i know this..i had to kick her out..she thought we were together...just becuase we shared a bed a few times a week dident mean anything...haha /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

You shouldn't have to "TRAIN" a room mate. If you have nothing in writing just give him 30 days notice and start advertising. Put "Must Be Neat and Responsible" in your ad. Interview your prospects and tell them you will be in touch within a certain time while you make your decision. Once you do, lay down the law... Then make them sign a piece of paper. Keep only YOUR name on the rental agreement. Get a good cleaning deposit... If they can't afford it you didn't want them anyways...

4. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I haven't had a roomemate in over 10 years.. And yes you do have to train them.
    I didn't want a stranger in my house so I took in a buddy.
    Just have to fine tune a few things and all will be well.
    I didn't want to get a roomate but what the hey at least some one is here almost 24/7 and I don't have to worry about the place being cleaned out when I am at work.
    That and his ol lady has a bunch of good lookin freinds LOL

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Guy roommates are stupid, never giving up the utilities money, never cleaning up after themselves, have stupid friends over when I'm trying to entertain, use your computer while your gone and F it up and not tell you, NEVER take out the trash even though they leave earlier than you for work/class/whatever.
    I'm still hunting up the Girl roommate to test the same roommate factors with /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Guy roommates are stupid, never giving up the utilities money, never cleaning up after themselves, have stupid friends over when I'm trying to entertain, use your computer while your gone and F it up and not tell you, NEVER take out the trash even though they leave earlier than you for work/class/whatever.
    I'm still hunting up the Girl roommate to test the same roommate factors with /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i make it a no brainer for payin all the montly crap...their rent is just a fixed amount every month...and i cover the utilities...from what i have noticed the amount per month dosent change more than about 10 bucks a month from when i had a room mate and when i dont...so makes it easy in the sence..as for the guy room mate thing sucks...it just depends...the 2 diff chicks i have had in were 10 times worse..

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

My college roommate was a slob. He'd spill water all over the floor, knock stuff off the counters, stink up the bathroom, leave food everywhere, etc. What really got we was when he ate my papers. Hard to study for a test when your notes are chewed up.

BTW, my cat was my roommate. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've done the roomate thing in the past. I usely got stuck paying all the bills, and doing all the work. **** that, never again !!!!! I would consitter sharing a place with certin people, but only ones I've known along time, and know they are responcible people that will do thier part !!!!! Oh yeah, it'll all be in my name so I won't be the one homeless after the bills are paid. When I was younger, I shared a apt. with some so called friends. I paid the rent, and about a week later they kicked me out claiming I was never there to help clean up. Well if I was never there to help clean, I was also not there to make the mess !!!! I always kept my room clean, and yes, I was gone alot, but I did pay my share, and cover the rest when they couldn't come up with thier part. Funny thing about that is a couple months later they got evicted becouse they couldn't pay the rent. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif