Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

traitor maybe?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by o2bjimmy, Mar 27, 2004.

1. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

Lately Ive been looking at the limited # of fullsize rigs in my club and am kinda dismayed at the condition their in. Its no fault of the driver, just that the trails are extremely tight. Tonight a friend of mine said hed trade me strait across my K5 for his dissasembled yota. Its a kickass rig but the problem is its dissasembled. so if i do the trade i got to put it together. But if I do that im still going to be a member here cause I recently found a '70 with surprisingly little rust. I dont wanna restore it but make it intimidating looking and a little capable while having the yota to beat like my mashed potatos /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Is this logical thinking or have i got some kinda virus?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

As long as you promise to at least lightly wheel the Blazer once a year I think we can let it slide. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif Sounds like a pretty cool little Yota though. Good luck in the future.

Allan

3. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

it is, right now its ready for links. it had them at one time and all the bracketry is still there. So all id need is some a little tubing and the joints and shocks but its still got the oerches for leafs. Got marlin crawler, 5.38s and 3, yes i said 3 BFG crawlers. The blazer however is stock but has minimal rust. less than my 86. the paint is just really faded and the fiberglass looks horrible. Way I figure it is if i put 3K into that 70 it could be sweet. Id take it wheeling for sure. More than your once a year minimum

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Go for it !!!! The yota sounds like something to take on Kong.(Kong is a 5+ rated trail for those wondering what the heck I was talking about) /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif By the way, I see your K5 sitting at work everyday as I drive by. Be kinda kewl to see a 70 sitting there.

5. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

can you get pics of the suspension?i want to link my 87 xcab yota

i own yota because my 82 lwb k10 is 2 big