Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranis

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Psycho, Feb 6, 2002.

1. K5Psycho

K5Psycho Registered Member

Need to buy a 700r4 for my truck anyone got a good place for under 900

2. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

There was some jackass on here a few posts ago that claimed you could get one rebuilt for about $400.... you may look him up as he claimed to be all knowing about the 700R4

But..... IMHO, your not gonna find one for under $900 unless its used. good luck in your search

1990 K5 4" lift, 33's, 14FF Detroit locker, D44 w/ posi, 4.10's Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides....

3. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

Don't know what part of NC you are in, but I searched a bit around Raleigh and couln't find a used one. If it helps, I will sell you my dead th700 and you can practice rebuiding it.

Oh well I start the SM465/205 conversion next week

I hope you have better luck finding one than I did.

<font color=red> It is just as much fun to build it as it is to bash it</font color=red>

4. Innerpiece

Innerpiece 1/2 ton status

The makers of the RAPTOR will sell you a rebuilt 700 for $770 (that was the going price about 4 months ago). No core charge (so you can take your old one and sell it to a junk yard, paperweight, whatever), and shipping will run you about $120 ..

so there you go ... 700 for less than 900.

do a search for RAPTOR and you'll find threads with links

5. K5Psycho

K5Psycho Registered Member

ok thanks

6. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Also try <a target="_blank" href=http://www.700r4.com/getpart.asp?cat=Transmissions&amp;id=68>BowTie Overdrives</a>.They've got a 700R4 for under $900...check it out...

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>