Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny cooler and radiator mounts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUB-ZERO, Jun 16, 2005.

1. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

Whats the best aftermarket tranny cooler?Pics?I have a 700r4 and need to make new lines and thought it would a good time to upgrade.Thinkin about 4 core radiator and electric fans also.Do I need new mounts to upgrade to 4 core?If so anybody got any?

2. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

my mounts stayed the same, you deffinately want to keep the cooler in the radiator, and then add an external, dont do away witht the rad cooler. water to water cools better than air to water. and my engine usually runs cooler than my trans, so thats not an issue.
    the newer stacked plate design is by far superior.
    imo

3. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I'm running the following: Long Tru-Cool Max transmission cooler P/N LPD4739. This cooler is rated at 40,000 GVW and measures 8.5"x22.75"x1.25". It's a stacked plate design and cools great. :) I found it on ebay for a little over $100. It comes with the thermal bypass to allow the fluid to get to operating temp before it runs through the cooler.

4. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

I just bought a 4 core radiator not long ago to replace the stock one and the stock brackets don't work.. The 4 core is alot thicker then stock so the brackets just wont reach... So for the time being I wired tied the fan shroud to some excisting holes close to where the the original radiator support brackets went to hold it in place...

As for new mounts you can get them at the dealer.. I called them and they said for the new brackets and a new complete fan shroud it was $60.00...