Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny Cooler Lines

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clarkekent, Mar 24, 2003.

1. clarkekent

clarkekent Registered Member

Where can I get new tranny cooler lines? Mine leak like a #@^&%&*^!!

2. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

LMC has them listed. $30-80 per set depending on what you need. Have you checked the local NAPA?

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Fine Lines makes the best hard line repops of any of the companies making them. I'm sure that the places like Golden State, LMC, Chevy Duty, etc. buy from one of the big three hard line benders (Fine Lines, Classic Tube, Inline Tube).

4. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

If You have a Good Hydraulic Hose Shop in Your area, most of them have Steel tubing, and Fitting's at a fraction of the cost. You'll need Your old Line's as sample's though. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

all thjey are are 5/16" brake lines, easy to do, just go to store and get lengths of 5/16" steel tubing, the fittings are same threads, flare kit is cheap to rent and easy to do. save yourself some money, i dont know why everyone thinks that the only way to have lines is to buy prebent ones, crazy...

good luck

6. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

R72K5 That's what I was referring to, but most People don't have a Tubing Bender. Or a Flaring Tool.

7. 71blaz

71blaz Registered Member

I replaced mine with good quality hose and the correct fitting. The cost for the hose fittings and clamps was under $20 @ the local parts store.I was then told the steel lines help dissipate heat so I added an additional trany cooler infront of the radiator. Seem to be working great /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif