Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny cooler

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wraenking, Jul 15, 2004.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

ok guys, post up whats good to run. id like to install it pretty soon so i can pick up a couple of vehicles on the trailer.

thanks

tom

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

The B&M super cooler (crossflow type) is a good choice.
    It pretty much replicates the factory cooler and is easy to mount.
    Cooler

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Just go to your fav auto parts store and pick up the biggest one you can get. They usually classify them by GVW so just get the largest GVW rated one and you'll be golden /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Some folks use an old A/C condenser--I may put one on my diesel truck--the cooler thats on there now is a dinky little joke,looks more like a power steering cooler,so I might hook it up to the P/S instead,after removing it from the radiator core,I hate those nylon "poke thru the radiator"things they give you to hold it on with--who invented those retarded things--the modine replacement radiator company??.They do a nice job of sawing the tubes in your radiator in half. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Not good when its nearly 400 bucks for a new 6.2 radiator. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Some folks use an old A/C condenser

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

It just so happens I have a condensor on my truck not being used, I just put headers on and took the AC compressor off. Anyone know if this works very well?

I saw in the summit magazine that for $99.00 they have a fan cooled 15,000 LB gvr cooler.