Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny cooler

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sammy, Mar 22, 2001.

1. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a tranny cooler. Any models or brands I should avoind. And any I must take a look at? I'm running 35" on 4.56 with 700r4, 350

"K5 Grand GT Silverado in the Netherlands."

2. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have the B&M 24,000 GVW cooler on my sub with a T-700, and I like it. Low temps keep that 4speed in check. You might think about using the 19,000GVW unit for your blazer though.

David
    '85 diesel burban

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I like the Perma-cool one I got through Jeg's... top notch. I personally have had nothing but problems w/ B&M (never t-coolers... more drag race shifters and internal tranny stuff) so I've vowed never to buy them again. TCI also makes a great t-cooler in the same range as the Perma-cools and B&M.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Don't wate your time & money on a tube & fin cooler, spend a few extra bucks and get a stacked-plate cooler. Stacked-plate is much more efficient. B&M SuperCoolers and Hayden Heavy-Duty coolers are the two examples I can think of.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!