Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny cooling...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryoken, Jun 30, 2004.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

after doing some searching, it seemed the consensus on plumbing coolers was to keep the radiator in the mix. while reading over at the TCI site i noticed they said to exclude it unless your below 0* temps.

i was given a cooler and remote filter setup recently (just ordered pro comp temp gauge to plumb into the remote). i'd love to leave the radiator out of the mix for plumbing simplicity (came with steelbraided hose and AN stuff and i'd like to use that over rubber and hardline and i'm not certain theres an adapter from #6AN to the rad fittings. unless i left a nub of hardline and put a coupler on. i'd like to avoid this extra connection).

has anyone had adverse affects from being too cool in winter? i saw the chart says optimum temps are 175 to 225. is anyone running lower temps?

i'm not overly concerned about the cold because its garage kept, i always warm my vehicles up in winter and it usually only gets into the teens here but wanted to check in with some experts /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif my thinking of now is that once warmed up, just a cooler keeping it at maybe 175 as opposed to the rad heating it up would be a good thing? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

right now i'm thinking tranny out to cooler to filter to tranny... 700r4 btw....

any thoughts appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I just got 2 earl's fittings from my local shop that screw into the radiator and are 6-an male. I think the guy said that they were a 5/16 reverse flare. Not positive though. I might have saved the slip or the package. if you need the part # I can take a look. I'm using my ac condeser as a trans cooler and I have not found an adapter from the ac thead to -an.
    John