Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny Detent cable

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Topdown, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Any of you had to replace your detent cable? Mine snapped off and I had to replace it only when I was putting the new one on I noticed that the end that plugs into the tranny is different.

Anyone have the part number for the detent that I need in my 1972?

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

No part # or anything but I put in an universal one when I rebuilt my trans. I bought it at a local tranny shop but I'm sure that any parts store should have something. It was real simple to do.

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I went and picked up a universal one and it leaked so bad I almost couldnt make it around the block.

to make along story short, the parts store has abot 30 different kinds and none of them are similar to the one I need... so I pulled one off a 1980 parts truck and sure enough, fit right on.

what a PITA

-Ryan

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

different because of the many differetn carb base assemblies and options, and different brackets too for the cable,

your 80 one just apparently happened to be a sharing application hehe