Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny goin out of gear

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by letsrollusaf, Sep 5, 2005.

1. letsrollusaf

letsrollusaf Registered Member

Little problem I have, basically on a random basis i'll be driving and maybe hit a pot-hole or accelerate quick and my column shifter will fall into neutral, and most of the time if i just make sure the display is all the way to the far right of the "D". Also this same thing happens to the shifter for my transfer case, it come right out of 4wd, just seems like there isn't anything stopping it betweeen 2wd and 4hi no resistance. I's appreciate any help. Thanks!

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

well your truck either has around a million miles on it and is flat worn out or I would guess a broken motor or transmission mount that is allowing the whole assembly to move around, if you have recently addded a body lift you may just need to do some linkage adjustments

3. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

MOST IMPORTANT

you need to check your body mounts b/c you said over a pothole or a ditch, the body can more but the chassis your engine and tranny are bolted to stays and the linkage is hooked to both so one or the other needs to give. im guessing the body. so check all your mounds for rot or missing !!!

just my 2 cents

LUKE