Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny help or other major repair

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 74k5inVA, Dec 20, 2001.

1. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

ok i just replaced the clutch in my 74k5, well actually had somebody else replace the clutch because i blew the clutch in my spare vehicle too(81 chevy step-sider 3 on the tree). the problem is not the shifting, i can actually go in reverse now and i actually have to give it a little gas or i will start hopping off the line. my question is this: since the replacement when i shift it sounds and feels like someone is slamming the clutch and the tranny together, is it just loose bolts or something else.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Check all the bolts to see if they are tight, pull the inspection cover off the bellhousing and check the bolts that hold the pressure plate on. Make sure the clutch linkage is tight and adjusted properly. How are your U-Joints? It one or both are bad it can clunk when you shift. Did you replace the throwout bearing with a new one? If it is bad it will make a lot of noise when the clutch is depressed.